Sonos

Without breaking the rules, can you answer:

Will the TTS engine be available for other Speaker integration and provided free as a part of the service?

I am about to port over my Samsung Multiroom integration and would surely love to have the TTS working without requiring another external account for TTS service.

1 Like

Whoohoo!!!! Party time!! I was waiting for this!!

Yes, and yes.
We do have a sentence limit of 128 chars, so you won't be able to automate your children's bedtime stories...

3 Likes

Need some tech advice to finish port.

a. Hub Attributes. ANSWERED. In the other platform, there are various hub attributes that can be captured at runtime. Trying to capture these in Hubitat creates a "No such property" error.

1.   hub.localIP
    2.  hub.localSrvPortTCP

b. Callback in Device Drivers. I have tried several methods to call a unique (non "parse") callback in my device driver. In all cases, the code appears to ignore the unique callback and forwards the response to the "parse" method. Normal or am I missing something?

c. Application browser page refresh. the other uses the the value "refreshInterval" to automatically refresh the phone app pages. This does not work well in the Hubitat browser implementation (I get a browser message for each refresh). Is there another method?.

Check out this post and please add to it as you figure out differences between ST and Hubitat. Since it is a WiKi, you can simply edit the first post with update.

1 Like

...unless your children are very, very tired. :wink: Awesome work on the update, BTW!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.