Sonos

not being familiar with this app, by what means is this discovering devices?, I ask as the tool I’ve shown uses the same discovery mechanism as the hub…

Ok. I think I have a kindle fire tablet at home. Let me fire it up and see if I can get the app from the amazon app store or google play.

Sonos has a desktop app, if you have a wired networked device connected, try from your wired connection to see if Sonos desktop can see your sonos.

It is possible in the wifi configuration to filter ssdp requests to your lan. Your phone and other wifi devices would see sonos, but your lan might not.

Yes. The desktop can see the Sonos without issue.

Unfortunately no. I can only enable/disable UPnP

UPNP runs on top of SSDP...

I can tell, are you asking me to disable UPnP and see what happens?

that will most definitely break discovery..., it needs to be enabled, which is presumably where your settings are correct?

Ok. Like I said, I will run the android app when I get a moment and report back.

Got it! Went into my Netgear switch and disabled VLAN and everything detected.

… who knows maybe this will fix other issues as well.

[EDIT] - that fixed my Alexa integration as well!

5 Likes

TTS services and integration with sonos will be in the next release. I'll probably get busted for leaking this, but I am pretty excited about it.
And yes, tts will resume whatever is currently playing. There may be some sources that don't resume properly, I couldn't test them all.
Tested with Tidal, Prime, iHeart and tunIn.
Play lists should restore to the beginning of the current track, streams just continue obviously.
It's possible I think to do a point in time track restore, we'll leave that one for later...
You can use Rule or Button controller with speech or media, our sonos driver publishes both now.
The driver was also updated with better track description parsing, trackData events which you can actually subscribe to in an app as well as a TTS Boost/Cut preference setting.

4 Likes

uh oh! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is what I've been waiting for. So what time tonight is the next release @mike.maxwell :wink:

1 Like

It won't be tonight!, that's all I'm saying...

2 Likes

Without breaking the rules, can you answer:

Will the TTS engine be available for other Speaker integration and provided free as a part of the service?

I am about to port over my Samsung Multiroom integration and would surely love to have the TTS working without requiring another external account for TTS service.

1 Like

Whoohoo!!!! Party time!! I was waiting for this!!

Yes, and yes.
We do have a sentence limit of 128 chars, so you won't be able to automate your children's bedtime stories...

3 Likes

Need some tech advice to finish port.

a. Hub Attributes. ANSWERED. In the other platform, there are various hub attributes that can be captured at runtime. Trying to capture these in Hubitat creates a "No such property" error.

1.   hub.localIP
    2.  hub.localSrvPortTCP

b. Callback in Device Drivers. I have tried several methods to call a unique (non "parse") callback in my device driver. In all cases, the code appears to ignore the unique callback and forwards the response to the "parse" method. Normal or am I missing something?

c. Application browser page refresh. the other uses the the value "refreshInterval" to automatically refresh the phone app pages. This does not work well in the Hubitat browser implementation (I get a browser message for each refresh). Is there another method?.

Check out this post and please add to it as you figure out differences between ST and Hubitat. Since it is a WiKi, you can simply edit the first post with update.

1 Like

...unless your children are very, very tired. :wink: Awesome work on the update, BTW!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.