Sonoff zigbee switch

I got mine to repeat when I first got it and played around with it's position to see if it would.

There is no function to enable a device to be a router, it is or it isnt.
The nue drivers should only be used with the nue devices.
Wondering why you changed from the generic driver to the nue?

I paired two of them and they both defaulted to the Nue Zigbee Switch driver.

I had to manually change to the Generic Zigbee Switch driver.

Note they both seemed to function ok with either driver.

Odd thing, when I attempted to pair my Hampton Bay zigbee ceiling fan controller in place that was near the sonoff switch, it would not pair. I already had it installed so I did a bad thing and brought the hub closer. Replaced the hub to its original location and by the next day it was using the sonoff as a repeater.

The second fan controller didn’t have any issues pairing with a ST plug near by.

Ok, thx. Now I understand.
As for why changing the driver to NUE, just that it was mentioned to be working earlier in the thread.
In the three drivers I’ve tried - they all work with the added benefit that the Ikea repeater outlet provides some routing data.

So these act as repeaters do they? I was hoping they didn't as it may destroy my xiaomi mesh.. Which I am slowly reducing as SmartThings are making their was into my home... But some xiaomi devices are likely to stay as there isn't always a feasible/affordable option.

Yes they do.
I believe @jchurch has them working happily alongside side some Xiaomi devices.

2 Likes

Yep no issues with Nue, IKEA or Sonoff Zigbee. I have them all working perfectly fine with Xiaomi. I just had to put in IKEA repeaters because my Schlage zigbee door lock and Iris v3 keypad would drop off without it as they are not super powerful but the IKEA ones are SUPER powerful.

2 Likes

Great to hear the sonoff zigbee won't interfere.

I have the environmental sensors made by a user here that work well as repeaters for my zigbee (including xiaomi temperature sensors) stuff, had considered Ikea but hadn't needed to just yet.

1 Like

I have a SONOFF ZBR3 and got it joined to the devices and set the type to Generic Zigbee Switch. I can see the status changing when I manually switch it on and off but nothing when I try to control it within Hubitat.

Getting this from the log
[2020-04-30 21:58:06.478 infoZBR3 was turned on [physical]

2020-04-30 21:58:06.469 debugdescMap: [raw:2CEF0100060800001001, dni:2CEF, endpoint:01, cluster:0006, size:08, attrId:0000, encoding:10, command:0A, value:01, clusterInt:6, attrInt:0]

But nothing when I try to switch it on in the device page.

Any pointers what I'm doing wrong?

That sounds like you have only 1 way communication- from the Sonoff to the HE hub.
Or if you have some repeaters in place between the Sonoff and the HE hub, you have to give your mesh some hours to establish.

You could test this distance theory if you are impatient by bringing the Sonoff closer to the HE hub.
Prove you see the status updating and then move the Sonoff back to the final location and WAIT for your repeaters to pickup the new device.

I have had it sat right next to the hub all night and still I get the status updates from manual switching but nothing when I try to trigged it from within Hubitat. It's as if it doesn't understand the outbound commands.

Tried it as both a generic Zigbee Switch and Outlet.

Hey yeah, I just checked my one and it is also not reporting the "state" back into HE but it's On / Off functions work great using the Generic Zigbee Outlet.
@cuboy29, @at9 , @jchurch, @yannick - would you guys be able to check whether your Zigbee Sonoffs are reporting back their current states ??
Cheers,

You mean like this? That's all I see but it works great.

yeah, so does the "Current State" change when you activate the Sonoff ??
That image shows it as "Off".

The current state changes instantly for me when pushing the sonoff switch itself. Detected as a Nue switch although it was also detected as a generic switch as well in the same scan...

yeah when the button on the Sonoff is pressed it up dates "Current State" but it doesn't update when @gadgetshed or mine are switched via HE

You mean from a tile and/or in a rule?

yep. Or from the Device page

If you manually changed the Driver, did you remember to click CONFIGURE on the device details page? This will setup the device reporting settings. It may help with getting status updates.