SONOFF SNZB-04 ZigBee Door Window Contact Sensor Internal

Finally received my SONOFF SNZB-04 ZigBee Wireless Door Window Sensor ON/ OFF Sync Status on e-WeLink Smart Home Security Works with ZigBee Bridge and got to take it apart and see what's under the hood. Actually came very quick, under 2 weeks with cheapest shipping from AliExpress SONOFF Factory Store, not counting on that to happen again though.

My hope is that these will be a less expensive hacking option than the more feature rich($$) SmartThings contact sensors.
Turns out it's a pretty basic Zigbee sensor with a CC2530, reed switch, reset switch, LED and a battery.
@markus' drivers show the reported open/close states, battery level and he's included a presence monitoring feature.

Anyhow, on with the show:

Package

Vs. SmartThings

All the bits

Side A

Side B

Although the gull wing style reed switch isn't as easy to connect to as the old glass style ones, it appears quite feasible to re-purpose these as dry contact sensors. Yahoo. :smiley:

Discovery

1 Like

I won’t suggest you checkout the bundle of 10 x Ecolink Zigbee Door/window sensors that include Temp, that are up in Fleabay, at bargain prices. :mask:

1 Like

:wink: Whatever do you mean?
Although those are definitely a deal (on the way :+1:) I think these will have a smaller form factor when taken out of the case. And I don't really want the temp. and tamper functions complicating things.

1 Like