Sonof Mini R2 Extreme - switches issue

Hubitat C8 latest firmaware.

Im having problems with sonof miniR2.Extreme zigbee smart switches, using the custom driver.

Im finding that randomly the switch on hubitat changes to off, even though the lights are still on. I then have to toggle it on hubitat to get it to sync again. Until it eventually does it again.

Have tried tweaking the device settings but to no success.

Any advice?

Thanks
Mike

Provide a link to the custom driver you are using please. Preferably the community thread, which will also in effect tag the author who posted it.

• Zigbee Sonoff - generic relays Donate
    • Zigbee Sonoff - generic relays v1.7.4 (driver)

This is the driver i am using

I found the thread for it. [RELEASE] Zigbee Sonoff - generic relays [driver]

I would try using the Zigbee generic switch driver instead. Run configure after switching drivers

1 Like

ok so after the driver swap, i am still getting the same issue of the switches on Hubitat moving to off some time after setting them to on, even though the lights actually remain on.

Check the events tab on the device page, there might be something indicating what is triggering the off. Post screenshot if not sure.

1 Like

Looks like "physical" switch, but these are not connected to a physical switch, just straight into the lights, so only hubitat can control them.

And the lights remain on anyway

Any ideas?

Either bad wiring is causing the device to act up or it is defective. The only way you should be getting a physical off event like that is if the device is sending a report to the hub.

Have you tried just power cycling it? Maybe leave it off for 30 seconds so it fully powers down.

Update

So have experimented witt 4 devices on 4 different lights, all doing the same thing.

I tried the Generic Zigbee Switch driver, same exact issue.

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Alternatively, reccomend a smart switch module zigbee 3.0 that fits into uk light switch boxes that works :grin:

@kkossev is this something you could advise on? Thank you

Seems like a Sonoff device firmware bug, sending a wrong on/off status as a keep-alive / check-in message...
Should be possible to patch it from the driver's side, give me some days.

2 Likes

There I was thinking my rules weren’t working! Think I’m having the same issue

Hey, did you have any luck with these drivers?

Thanks
Mike

Sorry Mikey, not yet... Bookmarked for the incoming weekend.

Hi Mikey,

Can you try this test driver version?

After installing the driver, manually change the ZBMINIL2 switch to this driver. Open the device live logs in another tab in the browser.
From the options below the Configure button, select "LOAD ALL DEFAULTS", then click on the button above.

In the live logs page, press Control-F and search for "unbind" keyword. I will need the logs that contain the 'unbind'.

@kkossev

thanks for working on this! I have followed the instructions and attached the screenshot of the live logs, only one line found with "unbind"

let me know if there is something else needed
thanks

1 Like

Well, this workaround attempt has failed... : (

Let's check whether we can distinguish in the driver between these 3 different scenarios:

• Switch is turned on/off from the HE device page, what command is using ZBMINIL2 to report back the changed switch state?
  • Switch is turned on/off from the physical switch, what command is using ZBMINIL2 to report back the changed switch state?
  • ZBMINIL2 reports periodically the on/off state as a kind of check-in / heart beat method, supposedly sending a wrong state. What command is using ZBMINIL2 in this case?

Can you do these tests, writing down at what time the switch was controlled manually, or from the HE command, or reported a wrong state automatically ?

The automatic reporting seems to happen every 8 or 9 minutes

Please select, copy and paste the debug logs as a text (not a screenshot), so that I can use the received messages to simulate the same scenario in the driver code.
You can use the cog wheel tool in the message editor to hide the long debug output in a Summary section.

@kkossev So i understand this correctly

1. Toggle the switch on using Hubitat and note the exact time?
  2. I dont have a physical switch so can't do this one.
    3.not sure what you need me to do here? Id need to sit and watch it for a while since its can take a few hours before it turns off by itself. I could probably work out the last event based on when i notice its gone off.

Then copy paste the debug logs for you?

Thanks

Yes.

That was needed to see whether there is a difference in the messages sent when from the device when operated locally, but we can probably continue without it.

No, there is no need to look at the relay all the time - just include in the debug logs a time period greater than 10 minutes. I expect that the ZBMINIL2 should send the on/off status as a heart beet in this period. Don't click on Hubitat device web page commands in this 10 minute period.

Yes,

Hi @kkossev sorry for delay getting this back to you.

16.23 switched on via Hubitat
Then i switched off via Hubitat
16.24 switched on via physical switch
Then i switched off via physical switch
16.25 Then i switched on via hubitat and left it on
16.29 hubitat switch turned off itself but the light remained on

Log
2024-01-06 16:36:33.043infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is off [physical]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:29:42.508infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is off [physical]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:25:27.219infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is on [digital]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:25:04.783infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is off [physical]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:24:32.121infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is on [physical]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:24:29.795infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is off [physical]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:23:48.554infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is on [physical]

dev:1312024-01-06 16:21:43.389infoBoot Room Spotlights Boot Room Spotlights is off [physical]

Hi @kkossev just wanted to see if you any further progress with this little fix?

If not, can you recommend any alternative devices that would do the same thing, hide inside uk light switch boxes to turn them into smart light switches?

Thanks
Mike