[SOLVED] Zwave devices not updating status

None of my zwave devices are updating status I have two ZXooZ zen24 switches and a GE embrighten wall plug and a zooz outdoor motion sensor.

the ge plug is 10 feet from the hubitat, it is executing the commands but status is not updating

help!

In the dashboard, or the devices tab?

both
also ran a zwave repair no joy

I was snooping a bit, and was looking at your previous thread. Zwave Inclusion

So you only have a few Zwave line powered devices? The two Zooz and the GE?

If so, @aaiyar gave you an answer in that other thread, although it is sort of buried in the rest of what happened in there. He basically thinks it is weak mesh. I agree.

You don't have much of a mesh with that few amount of devices, so you probably are not getting the signals to and from these devices. Not sure if you have seen or looked at these two helpful things?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

So maybe more devices, repeaters, or even just move the hub and see if that helps.

sorry I am not buying that the ge switch is in the same room as the hub.. it should be a direct connect to the hub and its less then 10 feet apart. I can hear it respond to commands but status doesn't change

Lets look at one other thing.

What is the model number of this GE device? Maybe 14288?

What driver did it pair with (Device Type)? I am not sure what it should have picked, but probably "Generic Zwave Outlet"?

The Zooz should be "Zooz Central Scene Dimmer". There are alternative drivers for these if you would like to try it.

GE embrighten Z-wave Smart switch is the driver

• deviceType: 20562
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x56,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x25,0x27,0x70,0x2C,0x2B,0x7A
  • deviceId: 12344
  • manufacturer: 99

model 28169

If that just plugs into the wall, I believe you need the Generic Zwave Outlet driver.

1 Like

ok switching to the generic driver did the trick for GE.in the office

let me move it to its former position and see if the other devices start behaving

btw thanks for your help!

1 Like

happy happy joy joy my mini mesh is working again
never would have guess a bad driver choice (and one that was specific to the device) would have caused this

2 Likes