[Solved] Sylvania Smart+ RGB light strips not changing color

I bought a couple Sylvania lights a few weeks ago and I just got them today. I pulled out one and plugged it in (powered on and color cycled then turned white) and was able to get it added to the Hubitat right away. I then added the device as a color bulb in the dashboard, but whenever I try to change the color, nothing happens. I tried this with the other package, and I get the same issue.

I can fully control the LED lights, power on and off and dim through the dashboard, but I cannot change the color to anything other than white. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I only have the Hubitat and these light strips and Hue hub with a couple Hue bulbs (everything else seems to be working, just not the color for these LED strips.)

Which driver are you using? I have had success with the Generic ZigBee RGBW Light driver.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m using as well

It just defaulted to the Generic ZigBee Bulb driver. I didn't even know you could changed the drivers. That solved it! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Good to hear! There have been some good deals on these lately and they have worked well for me so far. Glad to hear you have it working.

1 Like

Yeah, I got them for $17 each, and now that it's up and running properly, I'm extremely satisfied with it.

I bought 5 of the 16' Sylvania Flex XL RGBW strips and really like them so far. I put them around the inside trim in the closets and pantry with ceiling motion sensors so if you get close to it, or wave a hand in, the light comes on. Not as bright as the Hue lightstrips, but bright enough, especially for the price. They have a firmware update that seems to be only available through the Lightify gateway btw that seems to improve reliability.