[SOLVED] Lock Code Manager (LCM) "An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app."

Hello.Its me again. Lock Code Manager problems, YET AGAIN. I am unable to add/delete or change users within LCM./ It works fine if i goto each local under the device panel just fine, so that works, but it is annoying to have to update 4-5 locks per user, by hand, and having 5 user changes per day... versus allowing LCM to do its job. haha... Everything i pull up the LCM it give me the error " An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app.".. i goto the logs page and i see no logs. I can not change the options within LCM either because that generates the same errors. i tried uninstall and reinstall the app, some problem. i have attached VIDEOS to show the problem in action.

https:// drive.google.com/open?id=1DFeoMnazxgv2a11QZ3EQumeOT4rtiNPj

https:// drive.google.com/open?id=1ZUFEADOgkaNkIBN92Q9zAN513Lun4Cbr

I'm willing to bet that the codes on all of your locks don't match EXACTLY do they? Did you make a change outside of LCM?

Absolutely not. I HAD to add the new door code tonight outside of LCM because i have people who are checking in tomorrow, so i added them via the device page because LCM is a Pile of crap, otherwise until tonight from the first time i booted up my hubitat hub 3 months ago it has been 100% LCM.

If i uninstall the app and reinstall it i would expect it to reinstall that code and binary and clear itself, but that isnt happening here.

Someone really should code something reliable because i bought 7 hubitats for my 7 rentals and 99% of the problems i have are LCM.

Then stop using it. Why are you enabling your renters to be able to get into every unit anyway? I would think you would only want renters to get into their own units.

Sure what other options for QUALITY Lock managers does hubitat offer? I am waiting........ I thought not....

each of the apartments has 3 doors, hence i have to add/remove their code from 3 doors each time we have a turn over guest 2-3x a week per apartment times 6-7 apartments.

If each of these is on a separate hub, then you're trying to use HubConnect to manage all the locks across all of your hubs? I didn't know that it was capable of doing that. Are you sure that that's not the cause of your problems?

If you wanted an access management system, why didn't you buy one? Being rude isn't going to get them to fix it any faster.

I am not using hubconnect. I am using Lock Code manager on each hub individually. none of them are linked in any way together other then the bag of meat behind the keyboard.

Okay, so you have to go into each hub anyway? So, I'm very confused. This is happening on every one of your hubs? Or just one? It seemed like the logs your showed the link for had a lot more than 3 locks in it.

And what do your renters do if the hub is locked up at some point? Do they get backup keys too?

Its not my intention to be rude, but this platform is wonderful for everything but the most important item i need which is lock management. The rest of the features work flawlessly 99.9% of the time.

The link showed my LCM dashboard for a single lock which is having this error. the other 6 are working fine, This single lock has 20 users defined (limit is 30 which i always keep it under) and i can not add/remove or change anything under LCM.. Even when i try to reinstall the app, it still fails.

to answer your next question, we do not give keys out. if the hub locks up, then the stored codes in the locks work until we reboot the hub but we can not add/remove codes. we have never had the hub lockup on us, but a reboot is an easy fix, and in my case a reboot, then a platform code upgrade, and then reinstall of the LCM app. none of that has fixed this bug for the past 4 days we been trying to fix.

Any suggestions on how to reset LCM to origignal so it can import my locks like a virgin would? I would have expected a reinstall of the app would have done that, but it appears the reinstall doesnt actually reinstall. it just removed link from dashboard while the app is still in background, funky...

Does that one lock respond to direct Lock/Unlock commands from HE? If it is only one lock, then I would suspect something with that lock's setup rather than LCM. LCM is software and software handles things the same way every time. I wouldn't reset the lock, LCM is "reset" when you uninstalled/reinstalled it.

It removed it. When you install it, it pulls all the codes from your locks. So, it repopulates itself.

Its not a lock problem, Its a hub problem. I can add.remove manually from the locks via the device panel instead of lcm and they all respond and add/remove codes successfully.

But the problem in LCM is isolated to 1 lock?

Just a thought have you tried removing all the codes from the lock?

1 Like

No. the LCM app crashes per my videos....

the problem is not 1 lock, it is the LCM application crashing...

For one device or for all?

You said 1 wasn't working but the other 6 were. So, is it one or 7?

i have 7 HUBS. Each with 3-4 locks.... 6 hubs working... 1 hub is sad...

Okie dokie. Tagging @mike.maxwell as he will be the one with answer I think.