[SOLVED] Hubitat cannot discover Aeotec Nano dimmer

Is this your 1st z-wave device?

Yes it is, I’m tempted to return the 2 aeotec nano dimmer to the distributor because it might be faulty but I find it really odd that I received 2 faulty devices. I tried excluding the devices and also resetting to factory default thinking that probably somehow the QA forgot to do it. But still same issue hub cannot discover it and no error in the logs according to support.

Is the disty local to you ??
They’d have to have a means of confirming their products “operation”.
Give em a call

With the instructions of @bobbyD and with the help of Silicon labs PC zwave controller app. I managed to track down the root cause of the issue (which in the first place what I suspected would be). Based on pc zwave controller app (See screenshot before I set it to Aus/NZ region) my Zwave stick is set to EU region!!!!, hence whatever factory reset, device exclusion/inclusion, shutdown/reboot moved the hub close to the device and disable secure pairing for this device and etc nothing will ever going to happen.
So after changing it to Aus/NZ region - I now can successfully exclude the device and pair the device on first attempt.

What is set before I set the Zwave stick region’s to Aus/NZ region

Thanks all for your help. Now I need to tidy up the wiring and install and create an entry in my dashboard for theses devices.

Thanks again all for your help.

1 Like

You can do it the same. Since you were on the wrong freq, you weren't actually excluding them before.

Exactly so whatever method I tried nothing will ever happen.

But anyways, I’m happy that this issue is now resolved - I can now include the lights on my dashboard

1 Like

I'm glad you got it working but you seem angry with us for not being able to fix your problem sooner. There is no way that any of the member of the forum could troubleshoot this for you. Also I've never heard of someone being shipped a usb radio of the wrong frequency before. So, I sympathize with you for having to deal with this but don't be made at us for trying to help you.