[SOLVED] Hubitat cannot discover Aeotec Nano dimmer

Do you have your hub set for secure all z-wave or only Garage Door/Locks?

It’s currently set to ‘All’ as there is no way of disabling it - this is basing on the hubs zwave details page. Since there is no way of disabling the security, when in pairing mode I double clicked the dimmer action button to set the comms to hub as secured.

Set it to "Locks/Garage Doors" in the drop down. It's right there.

Just make sure you hit update. You'll want to exclude and re-pair all non-lock and non-garage door z-wave devices too. They would have paired secure and that is non-optimal.

3 Likes

Thanks for another input, I will try it once I’m back from work and will let you know. Hopefully this will solve the issue I’m facing.

Thanks again

1 Like

@Ryan780

I did what you suggested, I set it to "Locks/Garage Doors", and hit update, repair the Z-wave network, ran Z-wave excluse and I also reset the Aeotec nano dimmer to factory defaults and try to discover the dimmer for multiple times but still the dimmer is not discovered.

There is nothing in the logs stated that it failed (see below)

[sys:1]2020-01-14 22:01:24.592 infoZ-Wave Discovery Stopped
[sys:1]2020-01-14 22:00:50.872 infoZ-Wave Discovery Running
[sys:1]2020-01-14 21:59:07.734 infoFinished Z-Wave Network Repair
[sys:1]2020-01-14 21:59:07.724 infoStarting Z-Wave Network Repair
[sys:1]2020-01-14 21:57:58.218 infoZ-Wave Exclude Started for 30 Seconds

Am I still missing something?

Does the dimmer have an indicator (LED) to indicate it’s gone into Pairing mode ?
Just thinking that perhaps that is not actually happening.

Also do you have a standard toggle switch wired up as a manual switch or is it just the mains input and load at the moment ?
Sorry, I’m Just fishing that perhaps it doesn’t like a closed switch on the input when trying to pair.

During pairing mode - the green LED (basic secure indication) is flashing to indicate the Nano Dimmer is entering into pairing mode, if the pairing/discovery is successful the LED will remain solid (not happening) and if not successful the LED will turn into red for 2 seconds (this is what's happening)

No toggle switch attached.

I’m starting to think maybe the USB stick is wrong. Any contact from Support ??

Yes, I'm thinking the same but I have no way of confirming that's the case as support haven't replied to me even if I chased them twice already - this is really frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

@bobbyD can maybe follow it up for you.

1 Like

Sorry for the time difference. We are just starting the day here (still working on my morning caffeine intake). Last night I was waiting for you to share the results of enabling secure for locks and garage doors. I see that you tried that. Will review your hub again shortly.

2 Likes

I contacted him already but I’m still waiting for the support team to reply on the case that I raised.

Thanks

Totally understand and thanks for your help

3 Likes

Guys, I’m trying to narrow down what might be the root cause of the issue I’m facing with my HUbitat Eleven Hub (c5 version for Aus/NZ) and my two aeotec nano dimmer as @bobbyD said he can’t see anything obvious in the logs.

I want to find out if your Zwave stick is the same as mine (see picture below), does it have a label or something that indicates the frequency is for Aus/NZ, also if you noticed a yellow/orange circle sticker in the plastic packaging of the Zwave stick (I’m not too sure if it indicates something)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry buddy, I’m not going to be able check on my kit for at least a week. :unamused:

Mine is black, so completely different.

It's black stick in the middle. It's from a C4 hub, but is currently plugged into a C5 hub. It has ZMEAUZB1 written on it.

@njanda all good mate

Appreciate for taking a photo of the stick Mike, but for your C5 Hub is it the same Zwave stick that I got? - Now I just want someone from Hubitat to confirm that I got the right ZWave stick for my HE hub (C5) @bobbyD can you please help - thanks in advance.

it looks the same as my (uk), if the devices have paird it cant be z-wave issue as they wouldnt join on a differant frequency

I have an issue on pairing it, nothing in the logs stating that it tried to pair with the hub.