[SOLVED] HSM Alert Notifications and Cancellations

The lights restoration is messed up, and the repetition is a bug. These should be fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Thanks!

Fixed the lights part. Lifted capture/restore code from Scene-1.2. Works great now. It essentially captures the previous lights state completely, then just restores it to whatever it was. Which is what it should have done in the first place.

Repetition bug fixed. Next release for all three of these.

Since this is an active thread, I'd like to make a request. Today it appears the system does not arm either home or away if some of the contacts are open. This is too strict. Simplisafe for example ignores open contacts until they are closed (IE closing once armed will then include them in the armed zones, but ignore while it stays open).

As is, is fine for now in the cold weather, but we come and go for short trips around the neighborhood all the time in the good weather and leave some contacts open for simple convenience. As it is now, I will be required to close everything every time.

I am also not getting the alert of this condition as a text. It shows in the HSM app, but I can not get the push nor the sonos to work. :frowning:

Yeah, also, why is it checking for the contact to be closed at the beginning of the arm delay? So, all contacts have to be closed when you hit arm, then you can open/close until the arm delay is over? That is also way too strict. It should allow all sensor to be open or closed and change freely until the timeout is reached.

I can confirm that the audio notification issue and the lighting issue are both now resolved with version 2.0.1.

Also, after investigation and reading other posts, the solution to leaving a contact open is to not define a Arm Failure alert.

1 Like

Yet to come in this regard is the concept of bypassing a contact sensor that is open -- in a future release. In the meantime, the functions afforded by Arm Failure alerts can be done by Rule Machine when it is desirable to have this functionality of arming with a contact sensor open, but still being notified if other sensors are wrong.

1 Like

And that is exactly what I did. :smiley:
However, if the Arm Delay even were published, then I would be able to know about the contacts being "wrong" before the system was completely armed. Another reason that the arm delay and intrusion delay would be great to be seen.

Yes, this will be done also.

1 Like

I see the Arm delay was published as an event but not the intrusion delay. Any plans to do that as well?

Yes, that will be done also.

1 Like

Thank you.

For anyone looking for them, at some point since this was originally posted, Delayed Intrusion is now available to RM to use as triggers. I now have my lights changing to alert status and an alert paying over my speakers during the delay and the siren only going off after the delay.

1 Like

Hi Experts,
Need a little help with understanding of HSM- Cancel Alerts.
I have been using HSM since last few years but yesterday I noticed something which doesn't seem right to me.
In my Armed Home mode, there were some alerts generated by contact sensors. I went ahead and cancelled the alerts. After cancelling the alerts, the HSM stopped generating any future alerts by same or other contact sensors that were supposed to generate alerts.
Only after I disarmed and then changed the mode back to Armed Home, did the HSM started generating alerts.
Is this how HSM is supposed to work, or am I missing something?
Thanks

Hmmm, I will look into that...

Hi Bruce, Any updates on this

Aargh, this fell in a crack. I will look into it first thing tomorrow.

1 Like

Bug found and fixed. Will be in next release.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Bruce