SOFABATON X1 - Universal Remote with Wifi / BT / IR control and a Local API

Physical buttons rule. Very good price on this on eBay. Even if you have to pay a remote programmer to get it started (but you probably don't need to)

Same, I bought a pair of URC MX-980's and MRF-350 RF base stations. WAF is much, much higher than with the SB's. They dont integrate with my HE system, but TBH I dont care.

LOL...a $600 remote would have zero (actually way less than zero) WAF in my home. I'm not actually sure if you guys would ever hear from me again. :wink:

2 Likes

I watch for them on eBay and don't pay anywhere near that - I bought an open box MX-980 for $85 USD + shipping and a mint condition used MX-980 for $60 USD + shipping.

I already had 1 MRF-350 base station and was able to find a 2nd (for the Games Room) for $84 AUD.

I also have access to the professional software needed to program them - they are useless without it.

1 Like

That's a lot more sane... :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Did you have to know someone in there biz to get the software?

1 Like

Sort of, I used Aus Consumer Law as a lever and others have gotten it by telling URC their Dealer no longer exists.

https://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/complete/thread.cgi?6089,17

I also have all their older software from when I did have a mate working for a dealer.

PS, URC will ask for your remote serial number before they'll give you an account to ensure you actually own a URC remote.

1 Like

Btw, they aren’t super intuitive to program, at least not if you are used to harmony’s.

That said, they are extremely powerful and flexible. I’ve been using their remotes for about 20 years so I’m used to them.

Imo the MX-980 is ideal as it’s 100% micro switches and hard buttons so reliability is off the charts. Some of the cheaper models use rubber dome buttons and don’t have built in rechargeable batteries.

I showed it to the wife and got a pass...too big for her. She's small, just a little over 5' and likes the small Harmony remotes. I'm OK w/that, they work well for us, so for now we'll be sticking w/them.

1 Like

They aren’t actually that much bigger. Here’s a harmony one for scale.

Ah...but I have the rarely seen in the wild, endagered Dwarf Harmony Remote (used w/the Harmony hub)...about as small as they come for a full-featured remote, and one of the very few devices I've provided her that she will actually admit to liking:

1 Like

We've used these for years, still do. Some time ago I bought some up from eBay, just as spares.

1 Like

Yup, I stocked up as well. Happy wife (and I like 'em too) ... :slight_smile:

1 Like

That remote is the best ever. AV control is the last major frontier where Hubitat is limited in capability. Maybe you guys should buy Harmony and take it to the next level.

4 Likes