SOFABATON X1 - Universal Remote with Wifi / BT / IR control and a Local API

Thatā€™s a great idea! Is it USB-C, I canā€™t recall?

Yep, I have a bunch of those ASAP Connect cables, but I'm out of USB-C tips. I just ordered 4 a few weeks ago, now I need to order some more. Wish they didn't have to come all the way from China.

If this is Android does the setting to block an app from showing notifications help w/this?

• Long press on app icon in app drawer
  • Select "i" info
  • Select Notifications
  • Turn off "Show Notifications" option
1 Like

It is usb-c.

1 Like

Yes, that makes it go away. Thanks for the tip. But I'm with @dcaton1220 that it's a bad impression about the overall quality and attention to detail.

Yup - the attention to detail may not be there, unfortunately.

Oh, and does this mean that I can mark my post as the solution for the entire thread?! :wink: (Yes, I was a very needy child...)

1 Like

I have used ASAP and landed on keutek. ASAP supports qc, and Keutek doesnā€™t. Keutek gives you a usb c, micro and lightening tip with each purchase. I also havenā€™t broken a keutek tip yet, where I have with ASAP.

1 Like

I did. We've been going back and forth. The end of it was that they don't have it, ask USPS. USPS says it was returned to sender, ask them. The cycle continues.

I'll keep bugging them about it and see what happens.

Ah that sucks! USPS is hopeless sometimes!

And Aussie Post for that matter too!

Now available for preorder on Amazon. 4 total reviews. 3 bad 1 decent.

Yeah the SW is preBeta level imho.

I've been waiting for this. looks like I might have to wait a bit longer. maybe they will do some updates to clean it up once it is in wide distrubution.

When it works, it is really pretty good. Butā€¦

Iā€™m hopeful that the X1 will be good, if not Iā€™ll sell them and buy the more premium Yio Remote 2.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marton/remote-two

Edit: I finally have a tracking number!

2 Likes

OMG that's giant...would not fly in my household, wife is 5' 3/4" and has teeny tiny hands. She would tip over if she picked it up. :wink:

1 Like

I'm amazed my wife doesn't tip over .... but for different reasons. :rofl:

4 Likes

My SofaBaton remotes finally arrived today.

The build quality of the remote is really nice and there are a lot of things I like, also some very annoying issues / quirks too.

Iā€™ll document my thoughts when Iā€™ve had another 24 hours to play with my games room setup.

@dJOS, what are your impressions so far?

1 Like

Iā€™m still forming my conclusions.

After the reading of some reviews I decided to wait for another option. Many Chinese devices, despite its good hardware, never had theirs capabilities fully explored precisely because of lack of software development. Even with the release of the API we would be dependents of good souls that decide to improve the development of the software. I would feel more comfortable if the people behind the hardware would do that, so I'm turning my eyes to another option: Unfolded Circle - Remote Two.
It seems to be more reliable, runs locally and have the API documented...
P.S.; please excuse some English error!