So Hubitat is at CES wonder if there will be

... any major announcements of coming changes?

1 Like

I am hoping so!, the competition is really catching up :slight_smile: and our C7 HW is looking like a toy next to the new homey-pro

2 Likes

:exploding_head: Nice!

I'm liking the satellite feature.

1 Like

The SSH access is also great stuff for us developers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Specs have been around for a while.

Wonder why they’re using a 700-series SoC for zwave, when 800-series are available in quantity now.

1 Like

::checks price:: ... $400 USD :scream:

7 Likes

When you consider the overall price of creating a smart home, this is really peanuts and somewhat irrelevant. Although I have never calculated the exact price, I am sure I must be somewhere in the neighborhood of six to ten thousand dollars of smart home equipment. Some people spend more, some spend less. But if you are serious about this hobby, the price of the hub shouldn't be much of a concern.

The new homey-pro, for the same price of only 6 Diva Dimmers. (Hard to believe it is so inexpensive, :grinning:)

4 Likes

It looks good in theory but does it support half the devices that Hubitat does? Does it support Lutron Caseta?

I think the answer is 'no' to both.

I will be sticking with Hubitat. I am sure matter support will come even if it is a new hub.

8 Likes

Good Point. I just assumed with its advertising and pricing it would work with Lutron Caseta and Lutron Diva. These Lutron Devices represent a high tier of equipment for a do it yourself smart home enthusiast (Lutron RA2, Homeworks representing top tier).

Any hub, looking to place itself as a solution for people who are serious about a quality smart home installation need to offer support for Lutron.

1 Like

Homey sounded good up until I noticed that supporting more than 5 devices requires a premium subscription. I have more subscriptions than I want or need at present, and the value add vs. my subscription-free Hubitat doesn't seem compelling. Pretty nice feature set, though... a C-8 with those boxes ticked would be enough for me to retire my C-3 (and leave my C-7 still waiting in the wings).

6 Likes

Bottom line for me: Hubitat, a known quantity, is available now.

2 Likes

The 5 device limit is only for the Homey Bridge not the Pro shown above.

3 Likes

I am sure Lutron support will come now that they are entering the US market with the Homey Pro.

2 Likes

Another gig of ram on Hubitat is all I need. Then I could stop worrying about memory getting too low.

5 Likes

You missed the announcement? The new C9 hub has 128GB ddr5 ram, 1TB storage, and an Intel I9-13900K processor. It only costs $1400 and requires a monthly $100 access fee. Watch for it later this Spring.

15 Likes

As all of us aware, competition is good!

I watched that promo ad, and there is no question that there are some attractive features to the Homey Pro.
One point to note, however. As Bruce and his crew constantly repeat to us:
"Hubitat is not CPU constrained".
In other words, beefing up the CPU, (although certainly desirable), is not essential.
Increasing the memory, the antennas, the storage are much more important.
Furthermore, although those "flows" that Homey has sure look enticing, I'd be willing to stack the sheer functionality of RM against anything else I've seen. In terms of functionality, I don't know how you could get much better than RM.
Of course, I am not saying that Hubitat cannot be improved - it's where it can be improved that takes some cleverness and planning.

4 Likes

The mobile app and dashboard capabilities of Homey look promising. I also like the idea of 433MHz support.

4 Likes

Ah, I missed that; thanks for the correction.

2 Likes

The thing that really turns me off the Homey Pro is that you have to buy an ethernet adapter unless you use the wifi. They said they chose an add on ethernet solution for asthetics reasons. This makes me wonder about them, if they chose asthetics over something I consider to be a required feature how many other stupid choices did they make.

Very possible it was to drive addon sales but in that case it means they straight up lied about the asthetcs reasoning. Either way, imho it does not bode well.

6 Likes