SmartThings Water Leak Sensor

Yes that is the one! I tried pairing it yesterday but gave up pretty quickly. I was under the house pairing a few remaining, far reach devices, which that is one of. It turns on my crawl lights based on motion. :sunglasses: I moved it under there once I got a large order of Iris motion sensors that look nicer.

Did you do anything special to pair? I have had a hellofa time with ST Zigbee devices pairing on Hubitat lately.

I donā€™t recall doing anything special. It was within a few feet of my hub when I paired it, though.

ok thanks, will try again this weekend. I was under the house, just under the Hubitat hub so surprised it didnā€™t pair easily. I gave up pretty quickly because I thought I remembered someone saying the old v1ā€™s used some proprietary Zigbee and wouldnā€™t work. Will try again, thanks! That will leave the keypad, which I honestly donā€™t use that often and more use it for temperature reporting.

Eventually the locks will come over. I had to move my ST hub to keep them working since I only have 2 zwave devices left.

1 Like

ok having the same problem suddenly I can not see and pair any Zigbee devices
Where is the polling timer? I donā€™t see it
I have tried changing channels, rebooting and disabling and deleteling all apps

Polling was in reference to a user rule that was created to update switches. There is no built in poll to change.

Reach out to support and they can help figure out whatā€™s going on.

Did you update to build 705? Might be related to the issue I experienced.

There were no changes to zigbee in 705.

OK. Thanks for confirming. Coincidence I guess. Will try 705 update again today to see if Iā€™m able to repeat slow UI response a third time.

@bravenel Appreciate everyoneā€™s patience. I have updated a fourth time to 705 and Iā€™m pleased to report that this time, Iā€™m not experiencing any slow UI behavior and my Sengled Element Plus bulbs did not stop responding. All seems fine so far.

@mike.maxwell Not sure if you think it would be beneficial to have a specific driver for these bulbs, as SmartThings does. These bulbs are unique in their capability to be dimmed by a conventional dimmer, but I have no clue if that makes their Zigbee characteristics unique among color tunable bulbs. They do seem to be behaving more erratically with Hubitat using the Zigbee White Color Temperature Bulb driver than they had on ST using the specific Sengled Element Plus DTH.

Here is the fingerprint:

manufacturer:sengled
address64bit:B0CE1814030189F3
address16bit:4EA2
model:Z01-A19NAE26
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:01
endpoints.01.manufacturer:sengled
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300,0702,0B05
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:0104
endpoints.01.application:01
endpoints.01.outClusters:0019
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:Z01-A19NAE26
endpoints.01.stage:4

I am experiencing the same issue as OP here. I'm trying to move a SmartThings Water Leak Sensor (2016 model) and I cannot get Hubitat to discover it. I've done the following many, many times:

• Done a factory reset on the device and confirmed with the blue LED flashing that it is discoverable.
  • Placed it within a few feet of Hubitat
  • Unplugged and yanked batteries from SmartThings to avoid interference.
  • Disable/update then enable/update Zigbee radio in Hubitat.
  • Tested having SmartThings discover it (always happens immediately)
  • Used profanity

Any other suggestions?

If you still have ST hub on. Leave it off during HE discovery.
Try Zigbee channel 20.

I've tried the first already. Will try the second.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

OP here, Yes that is what solved it for me too, changing to channel 20.

1 Like

I suppose you also used liberal amounts during discovery

No, but I've had luck with the GP-U99SJVLCDA model from smartthings. See Smartthings GP-U999SJVLCDA water leak sensor works well with Hubitat Elevation Hub

I only have one of these things, but I had to go through the same process that [ritchierich] described.
I turned off Zigbee and then back on only after reseting the actual sensor twice. Then immediately after turning Zigbee back on and starting pairing mode, it came up.

When attempting before the pairing, I had the sensor sitting on top of the hub itself so well within range. The channel did not change and was always set to 18 before turning the radio off and back on.

I didn't have this problem with my other Zigbee devices when moving to Hubitat. I just find it interesting that it doesn't appear to be due to a change in channel. Still not sure if it's a Hubitat bug or a ST bug.

Having paired multiple hundreds of zigbee devices made by 20 some manufacturers, I can tell you it's the latter...

Ya I had the same problem happen again with another SmartThings product, definitely didn't happen with any other Zigbee devices. So I agree.

I believe these devices like certain Zigbee channels. Once I changed mine to 20 I have had zero issues re-pairing these moisture sensors.