SmartThings Water Leak Sensor

Just paired that sensor a few nights ago. It’s the Lowes Iris sensor, but in reality, it’s the same Centralite sensor you are showing there. It did take some time to appear in Hubitat and finish initializing. I’m using the “Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor” device type with it.

You get them into pairing mode by removing the battery, hold down the silver tamper button, and keep it held down while your re-insert the battery, then release the button.

1 Like

I had the same thing with a couple of light switches. I ended up using the zwave removal tool on them (The one in smartthings) again and then they paired fine. I don’t know if the sensors you have are zigbee or zwave. Sorry.

I have 7 of them and they were very hard to get to pair to Hubitat as bad as or worse than the Xiaomi sensors but they did eventually pair. I even rebooted the Hubitat after every 2-3 sensors not sure if it helped but didn’t hurt.
Removed them from SmartThings hub first

1 Like

Thanks for confirming they work. I don’t get it as I just tried again. The sensor and Hubitat don’t seem to sense each other. I even left one unplugged for 30 minutes. But as soon as I start ST pairing the LED immediately turns green and pairs with ST. I have 18 of these to move over. :disappointed_relieved:

You have a lot of sinks and toilets! :wink:

ST hub very close to your Hubitat? Tried unplugging the ST hub while attempting to pair these with Hubitat?

@mike.maxwell @bravenel @coreylista @patrick I spent more time this evening trying to pair these sensors. I kept a browser in discover mode for several minutes while one of my water sensors was in pairing mode and nothing. I decided to go to Settings, Zigbee, and I set the Zigbee status to disabled and saved the setting. Then I changed it back to enabled and went back to discovery and that worked!

I have gotten 2 of my 18 water sensors paired but I have to ask and this is a pain to go through. Why would disabling/enabling zigbee make this work but otherwise not?

1 Like

Don’t know probably a red hearing, when these do pair, what driver does is select?
Next time you pair one please paste the text of the entire fingerprint as exposed by clicking more prior to saving the device.
I need to verify exactly what physical hardware you’re using, I can’t be sure that the picture you posted is the device that driver was written for, and the ST part numbers are about meaningless…

It pairs as a Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor. I just got another one to pair:

Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor 9255

Save

Manufacturer: SmartThings Product Name: Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor Model Number: moisturev4 deviceTypeId: 53
more…

manufacturer:SmartThings
address64bit:24FD5B0001069563
address16bit:9255
model:moisturev4
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:1B
endpoints.01.manufacturer:SmartThings
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0001,0003,000F,0020,0402,0500
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:0104
endpoints.01.application:1B
endpoints.01.outClusters:0019
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:moisturev4
endpoints.01.stage:4

and it works presumably?
and how many zigbee devices and repeaters are installed on hubitat?

Yes I am getting temperature and wet/dry notifications. The ones I am pairing now are only a few feet from the hub so I assume they are connecting directly. I only have 1 Iris Smart Plug installed as a repeater and around 8 zigbee devices. These have been such a pain to move over I have left them for last. 120 devices so far total!

I will pair a few more Iris smart plugs as I move upstairs.

How far away from the hub is this repeater?
with 120 total devices, only 8 of them are zigbee?
I'm able to pair most zigbee devices in place through the repeaters I have installed.

20 or so feet.

I have mostly zwave. Have several contact sensors and temp sensors on zigbee. Most zigbee are these water sensors which I haven’t paired yet. I think I had around 30 zigbee devices total on ST.

Do you think its a channel issue? I recall @Navat604 saying he switched zigbee channels and couldn’t get one of his ST devices to pair and had to change it back. My hubitat is currently set to channel 17.

st sensors seem to love 14, 17 should be good, 26 doesn’t work with a fair number of devices.
I spend a good half day doinking with my three WIFI AP channels, the zigbee channel on hubitat, thinking i was smarter than the radio.
Finally I let the hub decide which channel to use, and it did a better job than I did…

ok thanks. I guess I will continue to disable zigbee and re-enable another 15 times to get the remaining paired. This is a pain. :disappointed_relieved:

I would add a few more repeaters before going through all that for the remainder of those, you’re going to need them anyway. One repeater won’t carry 15 children that I’ve seen, the centralite OEM switch modules are good for around 6 to 8 each.

Do you have any rules or logic doing excessive polling? I have had issues where a run away code thought was seconds but was milliseconds and while that was running I couldn’t pair. I had to disable and restart ZigBee or reboot.

I paired up my 20 water sensors without issue. Only time I had issues pairing was my bad code in a loop.

I have polling on my GE zwave devices that don’t log physical events but nothing for zigbee. The only zigbee devices I have paired to Hubitat thus far are 3 contact sensors, 3 motion sensors, and 6 moisture sensors so far. I have motion lighting and smart lightting setup on the contacts and motions.

Try temporarily disabling or at least setting the polling timer to like 2 minutes and see if pairing goes better.

I’ve been pairing, unpairing, removing and repairing devices all day (for testing not because I enjoy the process :crazy_face: ) and the one thing I make sure is that the device is fully reset back to its original factory “waiting to be paired” state. Some devices will seem like they are removed when they really are not.

Try these steps. With a device that you recently removed from ST. Keep both hubs out of descover mode and reset the device itself twice. For that one I believe it’s holding down the tamper button for two seconds while putting the battery in? Then right after you pull the battery out after the second reset, place Hubitat in discovery mode and pop in the battery using the reset procedure one more time. It should show right up as descovered.