Smartthings or Hubitat in my situation?

I was able to move all my Z-wave devices from Wink to HE. The first thing I did was exclude them from Wink; but if that doesn't work you can look up how to reset them to factory.

But at first I couldn't discover any of them from HE. Until I figured out I had start the HE z-wave discovery FIRST, and THEN start the process on the device (for many of them it was just plugging them in, for others it is pressing a button so many time, for my bulbs it was powering them off/on so many times. Again, you need the instructions for each device). Starting the discovery first was key.

I've found HE very compatible with all my z-wave and Zigbee devices and my switch from Wink went extremely well. I'm so happy with HE I've spent a lot of money on a lot of new devices to truly automate more of my home (I didn't have to replace any devices).

1 Like

I have GE switches both Zwave plus and Pre Plus.
I had trouble doing the factory reset as well.
I removed the switches from the wink hub2, then I had to unplug the hub as it was finding the switches moments after I removed them.

One option, pull the bottom plug out under the dongle. Then press the top switch 10 times. And push the bottom plug back in. Found this one one Youtube, it didn't work on my first three switches so went with option 2.

The second option which worked for me, Press the top toggle three times fast and then the bottom toggle 3 times fast. I had to use two fingers to do it fast enough. At that point the bottom LED will blink 5 times. At that point the switch has been zwave exclusioned.

FYI, I just plugged my HE in 4 hours ago, and I am still getting all my devices switched over from WINK. Wink was great, never had an issue with it over the past 5 years...