Smartthings Multipurpose Sensor F-MLT-US-2

The same SmartSense Multi Sensor V4. I didn’t make any changes until noticing it was no longer reporting contact status. It makes sense now that everything else was working after the update except the contact status. I didn’t need to remove and repair the device, just rotate it.

@mike.maxwell Since this thread (and the others I've found) are a month old, I guess everyone else is having success. Not me.
:joy:

Mine pairs with no issue, many many times without fail. It registers as a Centralite 3321-S. It's the one with the 2450 battery. And was connected for several months to ST. All I use it for is acceleration, but I'm getting nothing to the HE.

I've tried 1) Smartsense Multi Sensor, 2) Smartsense Multi v1, 3) Smartsense Multi Sensor v4, Only #1 gives anything and that's just a "checkInterval" number.

I'd appreciate any tips.

You should be using the driver it pairs with, I’ll check the acceleration.
Let me know which driver it pairs with, they are not interchangeable.

Thanks, Mike.

It's just "Device". Then I change it. Or is it something else I'm looking for?

EDIT: Initial pairing looks like this:

EDIT 2: Paired again, and it's working!

Only difference is that I didn't rename it on the initial pairing screen, but left it named "Device", then went to the device page and changed the name, Device Label, and driver to "Smartsense Multi Sensor".

1 Like

Three months later and a new, strange, problem. Had been working fine until three days ago. Now the acceleration is going crazy, active 20-40 times a day.

The battery (3v) is showing at 2.8v. I don't know what is too low. Is it possible the erratic acceleration triggering comes from insufficient voltage?

That's exactly what mine do on ST when the battery gets that low (usually still indicating 89% in the app) though I manage to go about 9 months between battery changes. Haven't moved them over to HE yet.

1 Like

What is the Three Axis reporting ? Mine works fine, just always wondered what that was

I'm trying to pair the same sensor and and even after a reset and a fresh new battery it will not reset or readd. I'm frustrated because i have the latest hub firmware and I have about 20 of these in my house