Smartly Inject

Hi,

I also have a C5, I found this Smartly Inject app yesterday and was excited, but then too encountered the same issue.

However, I have a workaround that allows for the pretty dashboard and the ability to resize and move the widgets.

Simply use a hybrid approach of option 1 and option 2.

Generate your JSON as per option 1, add it to your dashboard within Advanced.
Then go to option 2 and copy the 3 lines from from the usermode.json and paste these lines at the end of your JSON file while also replacing the last curly brace } with a comma ,

Save the JSON , close options and click the refresh button, on the dashboard. Now the paw appears and it all works fine! ... well for me anyway :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wanted to bring to your attention that I am experiencing a similar issue. Here are the specific details:

• Hub Model: Hub C7
  • Hub Version: 2.3.6.146 (latest version)
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 119.0.6045.106 (latest version)
  • JavaScript settings on Chrome:
    • "Sites automatically follow this setting when you visit them" is set to "Sites can use JavaScript"
  • Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
  • OS Architecture: 64-bit
  • OS Version: 23H2
  • OS Build: 22631.2506

Upon testing, I observed the following behavior:

1. First Method:
  • Issue: The tile does not disappear, and the paw icon is not visible.
  1. Second Method:
  • Observation: The tile remains visible, and the paw icon is present as expected.

I'm hoping to get some guidance or insights from the community on how to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I just created a new Dashboard using Smartly and it seems to work fine for me, no changes required:

1. Create Dashboard
  2. Add the Injector device along w/real devices
  3. Open Dashboard and allow it to auto-populate
  4. Set Injector device to type Attribute/Javascript
  5. Convert JSON using the site referred to below and past/save in Dashboard
  6. Reload dashboard using the green checkmark in upper right corner
  7. Hit paw to edit, then save, and Paw again to return to "normal" mode

I'm using this site to convert the layout JSON for the Dashboard:
https://hubitat.ezeek.us/smartly/#

I'm in the beta group so I'm using a beta version of the Hub FW, and it's possible something changed from 2.3.6.xxx to 2.3.7.xxx, so hopefully when 2.3.7.xxx gets released Smartly will be working normally. I'm not sure which hub FW version prior I was using the last time I created and "Smartly'd" a Dashboard. I know that there was a point previously where Smartly wasn't working and a later FW update resolved the issue, but it was not an intentional fix by HE, just something changed in the Hub FW that made Smartly work again.

4 Likes

I tried this and not working for me at all. I have a dashboard from a long time ago that has the paw/drag/drop working perfectly. Wanted to add the functionality to more dashboards but cannot. I am on the most recent hub firmware

The standard process may be broken again when creating new dashboards. You can get around this (if it's the same issue as in the past) by using the updated Smartly driver that (darn, fogetting who made it) is included in another topic on the Smartly dashboard...[rummaging around] I'll see if I can find it.

1 Like

Yeah, here it is - see this topic and the solution linked to from the OP:

1 Like

Just to be clear, if it's the same issue as before this should fix it. If there is some other issue going on, it may not help.

I just created a new Smartley dashboard on 2.3.7.145 and it works normally. I used the updated injector file, but didn't need to do the manual copy/paste of the updated JSON, it worked fine w/out doing that.

3 Likes

Which file do I update or replace?

Do you have any other files listing in File Manager? At one point in the process I think the driver downloads a javascript (.js) file, which is the one that needs to be replaced with the one I updated. Weirdly I never thought this fixed anything, but perhaps it did... :slight_smile:

1 Like

no other smartly files

I think it's one of the steps that actually downloads it....
Let me check...

1 Like

Ah, it's probably the smartly.js.... Hmmm.... I don't want to mess up your existing stuff... It may not be the same issue. Let's not replace that file just yet...

What exact issues are you seeing when you try to set this up on another dashboard? Perhaps there is a step been missed or something else is going on...

1 Like

I have some dashboards that i used smartly on a while ago but never installed the drag and drop. I tried those first today, no go. I then made a fresh dashboard and it uses the smartly theme etc.. but when i use the inject tile it does not hide the inject tile or create the paw.. Here is a test one

ok, that's fine... The theme and the drag and drop are to some extent separate features, so it makes sense the theme stuff still works, but I was worried you were already using the drag and drop successfully on some old dashboards.

Perhaps start by just uploading the .js file linked in my "solution" post on the other topic as a new file for now and see what happens when you try to use the dashboard.

Yes I have my main dashboard on a tablet that uses the drag and drop successfully but that was installed a couple years ago.

That's what I was worried about then....

1 Like

When you say this, do you mean you can still drag and drop tiles, or just that the dashboard simply displays successfully?

1 Like

It works great.. Lets me drag/drop/save etc..

Are you using a cloud link to the dashboard or a local one, when using the dashboard that works? i.e. when using the drag and drop feature.

local