Smartlife Tuya Aoycocr

Which driver are you using, the Generic one? If so, this could only happen if you don't run the latest version, there was a bug where this could happen if the driver was reset to defaults. If the app requires you to install the device as a child device (which would require you to remove it and install it again but with that app) and not just select it as an already installed device, it will not be a great choice for use with any of my drivers.

As for the issue with changing the settings of the plug to incorrect ones, this can not be blamed on anything than my driver. Please update to the latest version.

Hi @markus , thanks. I've ditched that laundry manager app as I've mentioned before. But I'm still struggling to get RM4.0 to send any alert. What I found interestingly that the device doesn't refresh. When I click on the refresh, is only when I will them get the alert. Will this a driver issue too? If yes which driver is the latest for power plug? (I have been using tasmota generic power plug driver)
Cheers

Are you running my Tasmota firmware? Which version? If you are, check your logs for error messages about not matching a device... If that is the case, try using the force IP settings in the driver. This could happen depending on your network topology.
The latest one for power plug is the one in the release repo on Github, the tasmota generic power plug is the right name.
The name is the same as the old version, the version number might be higher than what you have now.

Hi @markus, thanks.

Yes I am using the latest driver.
however, I just realised that I might not be using your flavour of tasmota firmware.
I initially flashed it with your ver 7.1.2, then recently I installed tasmotaadmin, which I then used the automatic update all plugs to 8.1 (used automatic feature)
So maybe they all got updated with the generic tasmota.

As I'm writing this reply, I re-upgraded one of the plugs using your minimal then tasmota-hubitat ver 8.1 bin file successfully.
Before I go and update the one behind my washing machine :slight_smile: (as it's rather a mission to do), is there a way of finding out which flavour of 8.1 does the plug have?

cheers

That does sound like you do not have my version of the firmware, to know for sure you can go to the Tasmota config website and then "Configuration" -> "Configure Other", if you can see "Hubitat / SmartThings enable" there, it is my firmware:

You should be able to use my firmware with tasmotaadmin, though I've never tried...

Spot on!
thanks again!
yeah it doesn't have it, but the one that I just re-upgraded does.
I'll try to use your to upgrade via tasmotaadmin....
I'll then give the alert another go! :laughing:

1 Like

I'll add a check to my new drivers to make sure the firmware is the right one... And print a warning in the logs if it isn't...

EDIT: in 7.2.0 and 8.1.0 (but not 7.1.2), There is also this to go by:
2020-02-03_00-32-15

Hi @markus, as I have now updated the firmware, the refresh on the device doesn't seems to be refreshing still, hence my alert thru RM4.0 is not sending any alert.
:thinking::woozy_face:

Ok, letโ€™s narrow it down then...
Can you turn the switch on and off from the driver? If not, are u using a password and didnโ€™t enter it in the driver?
Can u see the power readings on the Tasmota configuration webpage? If not, the device template is incorrect in Tasmota. Find the right one.
Do you get alerts in the HE log about not finding a matching device? Set the IP manually in the driver and use force IP.
Please report your findings and weโ€™ll continue from there:)

--> Yes I can

--> yes I can

--> did a search on past logs --> nothing

--> the plug is already on a static IP.

For example, my dishwasher plug is currently running, and it has not sent any alert from RM4.0
the current stats is showing as -- >

as soon as I hit refresh, I now seeing -->

and then I get the alert on my phone -->

I'm scratching my head hard.... :sweat: thanks for your assistance

by the way, which custom attribute do you monitor for best results?
as most of the numbers for apparentpower, power, powerfactor kept changing during the washing cycle, I am wondering what you monitor for the alert? cheers

First I think I will explain an important fact, when using Refresh(), the returned data is the result of a http call FROM HE to the Tasmota Device. All other continuous updates are calls TO HE from the Tasmota Device.

For the calls TO HE to work, the Tasmota device needs to:

• Run my modified firmware
  • Have the IP and port for Hubitat set in the Tasmota device settings:

The above is set during install or when pressing Configure. But please verify that it really was set, try
    Configure again. Then wait for the number of seconds specified in "Update Frequency" and you should see
    updates coming in.
  • HE can be reached FROM the Tasmota device. If you've got something blocking access FROM the Tasmota device, that wouldn't work. There are many network topologies where this could be the case... In short, make sure that HE can reach your devices and your devices can reach HE on (at least) port 39501. If they're on different subnets/VLANs/sides of a NAT etc, this is (in general) not automatic and needs to be configured in your networking equipment.

So let's hope this resolves it... Not much left to do now...

Thanks @markus! I've got an update....a weird one...
so last night, right after I sent my last reply,I went back to the rule and selected all kinds of logging options (event, trigger, actions).
Then all of a sudden...BAM! it started working......rather too well....so it sends me alerts almost every 2-3 seconds.
I then unticked those logging options, and still getting them alerts....
I then put delay to 10 mins, which doesn't really solves this issue, but at least the initial issue is resolves of not getting any alerts.
Still dunno what fixed it if you ask me....:thinking:
I paused the rule for now, as I'm looking for the best attributes to check..
the options are:

I tried most of the power and voltage variations, but as they changes so often, I kept getting alerts....

Great you're getting your updates at least!

Power should be the trigger, but the problem is that most plugs are very unstable and incorrect in the readings. I've been thinking about implementing a linear regression filter since I've not seen that implemented in any of these apps, but until I need it I just haven't gotten around to it... Try some other apps maybe? Maybe they have a smarter logic to handle fluctuations? From what I've read about laundry monitoring it is always a bit tricky until the right thresholds have been found. Or if not other apps, and using RM, try to find different limits and track the progress of the wash and enable different "states". I'm sure there's someone in the forum that has some example rules to share.
My tracking of the laundry machine is a combination of vibration and power and my rules would not apply for a dishwasher or without the vibration sensor.

vibration sensor? that's interesting. which sensor are you using?
my dishwasher is pretty quiet, not sure if any sensor will detect it...

I'm using the Aqara Zigbee vibration sensor. If you haven't read the giant thread about Aqara/Xiaomi, do so before considering these sensors. I have 60+ sensors from them, but that's not anything I would recommend... Mine are very stable, yours might not be... Now I can add sensors as I want, but will increase my number of routers with more of the rights ones...
Anyway, great devices once you get them to work. If your dishwasher is very quiet I doubt you'll get anything from it though.

thanks. I've got a few aqara wall light switches and 2 buttons.
wall switches work great, but the buttons are rather temperamental as it can loose connectivity every now and then.
I am using IKEA outlet to spread the mesh....I guess it's not working as I'd like :sweat_smile:

I love the Aqara cubes :slight_smile: My routers are Xbees and CC2530/CC2531 and I'm going to add the Sonoff Zigbee relays when they arrive. They seem to work and would fit great together with my crown ceiling hidden LED.
But yes, the Ikea ones should work, they're not available at Chinese Ikea, so have not tried them myself, but many people say they're the way to go. Since Xiaomi and Ikea have some collaboration going from what I've understood it does make sense...

oh wow. so do you just powered them using USB charger and just scatter them around your house?

in regards to ikea outlet, yes that's what I've read as well, but my button kept going offline (which then needed to be resync again). So I'm not too certain if the ikea outlets help with the mesh network.

maybe my zigbee mesh is interfering with my wifi mesh....but saying that, my wall switch is still functioning without ever lost of connection.

Kind of, I've put them in a case together with a micro transformer (cost like 0.4USD here) and hid them in my crown ceiling and on top of cabinets.

Or rather the other way around, I've moved my wifi channel away as far as possible from my Zigbee to keep my zigbee mesh happy. I also mostly use 5GHz Wifi for all devices that support it.