Smartlife RGBW Controller setup

@ericm

Ok so I have moved over to the new code. I saved preferences which in turn created the child devices. I went ahead and renamed them so I could easily select them in RM. If I go back into the SmartlifeRGBW App I cannot seem to change any empty program. My goal is to set a single color (soft white) for the lower cabinets an instead of calling each color association blue(41), White(17), etc; I would live to just turn on/off KLC-Program 2. The issue seems to be that even setting the color with just (1) action the program defaults to random color changes instead of keeping my request. Thoughts?

Now getting this.

dev:28062018-11-26 07:14:31.899 pm errorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: hubitat.device.HubAction(hubitat.device.HubAction, null) on line 195 (updated)

I changed line 195 to this and no more error message :slight_smile:

if (cmds != []) cmds

2 Likes

Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Do you just want a button to change the strip so that the blue channel is 41% and the w1 channel is 17%? You could setup rule machine with a virtual switch. When the virtual switch is turned on then set the LED strips. If the virtual switch is off then do something else.

The program feature is more geared towards the strips taking multiple actions to create an animation.

Hmmm I am confused. Shouldn’t this work as a solid color forever?

It probably doesn't like that you haven't specified a duration. Set it to like 100ms or something. You can look at the logs for the app and see if you see this:

"Configuration for this action is incomplete"

Nope just cycles through random colors.

Mine seems to be working. I get it to turn white and stayed white. However, when I turned it OFF with the off button, it does not turn off the light. I see the /stop in the log but the light remain ON. There is an option to turn power off once the program finished but since we have it set to loop forever, I don't see how it will turn OF

@ericm thoughts?

Did you rename your child devices? This is my guess of why I am having issues.

No I left them default to program 1...6

@ericm

Is there a possibility that renaming the child devices causes issues?

No, that shouldn't cause a problem. Mine are renamed.

To see the error I mentioned you need to go all the way through the program creation process. So once the program is created you have to click "Done" until you are back at the Apps list. You'll have to press it several times. The programs are only committed if you go through the whole App workflow. Lots of apps work this way since their is an "updated()" method that runs at the end of the whole process.

I'm not sure a 1 action program is the best way to go though. If the colors are laid out like this:

rr gg bb w1 w2 then what is the combination you are trying to achieve? Is it:

00 00 41 17 00 ?

I think I got something working. I went into the device itself and set the default on color. Now working as expected.

1 Like

Just FYI, with the latest Hubitat update, program imports are working much better (because of the change below):

1 Like

OK, so I think I am trying to do a very similar thing that @aaron is doing. I am using three H801's in my kitchen for cabinet lighting and I am wanting to turn on specific channels of the H801 to light up the LED strips on that specific channel.

Anyway, I am not sure how to set up RM to fire off a custom command to the SmartLife RGBW driver? How did you do that in Rule Machine? I am familiar with how to do it via virtual switches but I want to understand the power of @bravenel RM better using the SmartLife RGBW driver.

Just create a new custom command. Select the switch capability, and then select your SmartLife RGBW bulb, then New Custom Command. It will then show you all of the commands available for it, and you can pick one. You can also select parameters if the command takes one or more parameters.

Since @ericm added the support for scenes you may want to use that. Easier to select you color and not have to create a custom command each time. Scenes will capture your H801 color choice and then you just turn on/off kitchen cabinets. Much easier now.

I am using the child devices now for programs. So my TV cycles colors, upper cabinets cycle colors based on holiday (red/green every 6 minutes for Christmas) and I leave the bottom cabinets a nice natural white.

1 Like

For some reason with new driver, Alexa won't control child devices and Googel won't control parent device....

Your problem description is kind of cryptic and I think you meant to post this in the [RELEASE] H801 & Other ESP8266 Based RGBW Controllers (SmartLife) thread to get support from the developer.
Can't determine if Alexa or Google even see the devices based on your description.

Did you check your Alexa or Google Home app to see if the devices are present? You should start there to see where the issue is. For me in Alexa, the steps are from the main Hubitat home screen, click Apps, click Amazon Echo Skill, then select the new devices that the driver builds for you IF you manually created them using the enable. The new driver is creating a virtual switches and you are saying the physical parent device shows up in Alexa and Google Home and is controllable but not the child devices?

I just tested mine and the parent and my child devices are controlling fine by Amazon Echo.

In Google Home parent device is not present, I guess because google does not see it as incompatible. Can't even select in in Google hubitat app.
In Alexa parent device works fine, all child devices are present, but Alexa won't child devices with voice. Just telling me I could not find the device called .... However, and that is really puzzled me, I can control all child device from Alexa app manually. Parent device works fine in Alexa app with voice.

Ahh, maybe it's due to the naming being to close to something else and Alexa can't figure it out by voice? Just for clarity, are you using the Amazon Echo Skill app? Or the original version Amazon Alexa App which is was isn't as flexible as the newer Amazon Echo Skill