Smartlife RGBW Controller setup

I've worked on the virtual switches and the program import (and put in Github). Seems like Hubitat has a limitation on the import right now. For example, if I import the program and hit done and go back into the program it shows the actions that have been created. If I am using a random time in the actions I have to go into each action and hit "done" and then import the program again.

It seems like Hubitat has to create some of the settings before it lets you populate them. It makes it so you have to import the program a few times, but it does eventually work.

Great! Thank you very much Eric.

Ok, I have released a version that uses child devices instead of virtual switches. To be honest, the original virtual switch setup was created because SmartThings didn't yet have child devices.

You probably need to click "Save Preferences" to create the devices if you update the driver.

Also, you probably will want to get rid of all the virtual devices. Unless you have a bunch of automations setup to use them then you might want to stick with the older driver and app.

1 Like

Any fixes to the device driver itself? I noticed that in the device you can’t activate the majority of the buttons. Unless it is just me. :wink:

Hmmm, unless I did something else on accident, I just removed the on1, off1, on2, etc. buttons since they are handled in the child devices now.

It is possible I did something on accident though LOL. Do you mean some of the other buttons?

I haven’t moved to the new code yet but previous code wouldn’t allow you to really activate the through the device. Always seemed to be an issue for me.

So in the old code the on1, off1, etc. would only work if you created programs through the SmartLife App. On the new driver I created "default programs" that will work until you create your own. So those buttons wouldn't do anything without intervention in the old driver.

@ericm - so I updated both the app and the driver. I am not seeing child devices. Where would this be created?

You need to have the switch child device installed:

Then you need to tap on "save preferences" inside the device.

Alright got it now. So my next question is will there be issues with the child devices all having the same program name? I have 3-H801s running currently.

I keep getting these errors

You can rename the child devices to whatever works. You can also delete individual child devices, but right now there is no way to add them back unless they are all deleted.

@cuboy29 I haven't been seeing that in my logs So I'll have to take a look.

@ericm

Getting these errors. Thoughts?

@aaron @cuboy29

You can try the latest version I posted. It should stop those errors.

Thanks @ericm

still getting the error

dev:28062018-11-26 10:50:00.484 am errorjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null (parse)

dev:28062018-11-26 10:49:00.349 am errorjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null (parse)

Ok, can you update and try again?

fixed the previous errors. Now getting this when I click on the Set Color

dev:28062018-11-26 11:24:02.029 am errorgroovy.json.internal.Exceptions$JsonInternalException: Not that kind of map on line 446 (setColor)

+1 with @cuboy29

Weird, I didn't do anything that would change setColor. That must have had a bug for a while then. Should be fixed now.

1 Like

Thanks Eric... confirm fixed.