Smart Thermostat (non-IR) for Daikin Mini-Split

Anyone have a recommendation on a smart thermostat (NON-IR) that can wire to multiple Daikin mini-split systems? I have a grow room with 4 Daikin mini-split AC's.

I already have IR devices and wifi adapters for them all, but my problem is that there is a major difference between the temperature at the mini-split indoor unit and the middle of the room. So I'd like to get a thermostat with remote sensor capability that can wire to the units and keep them cooling until the middle of the room gets to the right temperature.

Features:

• remote sensor (either native or Hubitat Zigbee/Z-Wave)
  • control temperature
  • control fan speed
  • control mode (Cool/Heat/Dry)
  • remote control via app (either native or Hubitat driver)

Thank you!

Mark

There is a driver for the below device. But one is needed for each indoor unit. I was going to buy one for my 6month old minisplit, but the steel holding my a-coil is rusted pretty deep. Don't want to give those guys more money for this thing to last 3 years. It's already expensive for what it is.

But there is a thermostat app and you can throw any temp sensor where you want it to measure off of.

Driver

@ajones I have one of these installed for each of the units.

Does the driver allow you to control the fan speed?

Think it depends on the model of the indoor unit. You should install it and try.

I don't think you can replace the thermostat on Daikin minisplits, so the device noted might be the only option. I plan to mess around with a better way to control our units later this winter, if other projects get completed.

If I could do it over, I would buy a different brand of minisplit. We have 5 Daikin indoor units connected to two compressors (two buildings) and I find that they are inferior to others I have seen from other manufacturers. They are often off by as much as 5 degrees from the actual room temperature, and these remote control devices are just a joke. We selected them because we live in a rural area and the big dealer in the area was a Daikin dealer, but if we buy another property Daikin will NOT be installed in it.