Slow issue fixed?

Normally I would agree but I have the exact same version (it's not the original release version) running happily on my main hub.. no reboots there. I really need to check out whats going on on that network.

I believe this may have been asked in a prior thread but do you know how to unpair a secondary controller (Z-Stick) using the PC Controller 5 software? Currently it's included on my main hub and would like to exclude it and pair it with the upstairs hub..

I guess the real question is how to put the Z-Stick into exclusion mode using the Controller software. NWE?

I do not know how to do that. I have personally eliminated all Z-Wave devices from my home, except a few Iris 3210-L Z-Wave repeaters. Lutron Caseta for the win! :wink:

2 Likes

Wait, what? Is this why my hub is locking up? My hub tends to lock up every few days but always in the middle of the night. The web interface is completely dead and I have to pull the power to fix it. Very frustrating.

In my humble opinion, the issue is with zwave and the resource leak.
As a test, you can run several zwave repairs consecutively.
You will find your hub will slow down, until the next reboot/restart.

I did run a z-wave repair right after adding the 2 switches..

I successfully unpaired my zstick (from Zooz) using PC Controller and NWE.
Put Hubitat into exclusion mode first.

1 Like

Okay cool will give that a shot.

I added it as a "device" when I first included it.. but now seems to have disappeared - not even on the z-wave details page. It still works though... very strange.

Define "still works"....

Ah I see I just hit update and no z-wave devices appeared so all good. I may have inadvertently removed it earlier when messing with this. Was really nervous about hitting "reset controller" (on 2ndary controller NOT the main one)... but all okay.

In HE don't do this... unless you really want to start over.

In PC Controller resetting the Z-wave USB stick (NOT HE) is a good idea in between test sessions.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Okay to report back now that I paired the Z-Stick with the upstairs hub (thanks again @jeubanks!!!!)..

NO GHOST DEVICES... :ghost:

So will now will just remove Rootin Tootin and see if things slowdown.

Now the hardest part of it all.... WAITING

4 Likes

Quick question not meaning to derail the thread.. so now this paired as a "controller" rather than a 2ndary one.. how to I exclude that?

Should be same process on HE hit exclude and then in PC Controller hit include. Think of the USB stick as just another device.

3 Likes

Ahhh sooo - I was equating "learn mode" with inclusion not both!!!!!!! good to go thanks. apologies on the diversion. Will report back if something odd happens on my upstairs hub.

2 Likes

In my case I think it was my brain that was corrupted- I hadn’t tidied up after myself. LOL

1 Like

rebooted last night at 9pm as it had been 4 days and the lights had gotten to a point it was annoying.
rebooted the hub, everything working well - went to bed.
Woke up this morning and NO automations working. Checked the webpage "ERROR 500" - shut the hub down, started it up, everything seemed ok. Went to work and the modes were all messed up so remotely logged in, clicked save on mode manager, rebooted - back to normal.
So now on reboot, im getting error 500s..

I think @Ryan780 suggested to post my rules - im willing to try anything @bobbyD
these are my only really curly RM4s

when the aeotec for the washing machine is ON, it flood the log pretty hard.

1 Like

you can turn off the frequency of the logging on that washing machine rule. do you really need to know there watts multiple times the second?

And by turning down the logging I don't mean the logging to the logs page but the frequency at which the wattage is updated in the device page.

1 Like