Slow issue fixed?

38 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with deselection of settings

With the latest update " 2.1.9.115". I'm finding the web interface to be very snappy.

Update: support looked into my hub and said it looks like there was a database lockup related to my dashboards. Said this is consistent with a lot of slowdown issues they are seeing and their engineers are working on a fix and should have an alpha update to test soon.

3 Likes

Interesting.

I recently removed dashboard. I find I never use it. I use the homekit app.

1 Like

I can't remove my dashboards.. that would be a pain! I hope they get this worked out!

1 Like

In a turn of events I never would have expected, I'm starting to migrate certain devices back to ST. This looks like a great candidate since echoes are, by definition, cloud-based anyway. I already have ES on ST, but HE uses the ES integration on HE. If I remove ES from HE, then adapt my HE rules to use the ST implementation of ES via HubConnect, does that work? Do I need HubConnect v2 (on v1.4 now)?

I kept my Echo devices on ST using Echo Speaks because they are cloud-based. I then sync them to HE using HubConnect. One issue is that there are a couple of different ways to connect them thru HubConnect. They can either be a Speaker or an AVR when you "Select devices to synchronize to Server hub..." I added all of the Echo devices in both places and they ended up coming thru as AVRs in Hubitat so I re-did the selection process and only included them in the Speakers category. I don't even know if the AVR option is viable.

1 Like

Works great. Install the speech synthesis driver on HE. You might have to upgrade to 1.6.4 to do this. I’m not sure as that was the version I first used to implement this. When you select the alexa devices, only pick them under “speech synthesis”.

1 Like

I really thought 2.1.9.117 seemed faster but just had to reboot again after about 3 days cuz it got all slow again.

I've eliminated ALL apps except MQTT but still issues. Perhaps its time to bite the bullet and eliminate hubitat too. They just don't seem able to fix this.

This is exactly my issue as well, EXCEPT - after I walk in a room and its slow. I can walk out, wait for the light to turn off THEN walk back it and it fires and lights turn on straight away. Its like its asleep - but once it been woken up it fires straight away for awhile.

I have that too, but only once after rebooting. The first light I use after rebooting is slow when turning on, after that, all is fast again. But I have this feeling this has something to do with hue bridge connection then the HE hub itself.

1 Like

Hmm - now that you mention it the main one I have this issues with are my robe light which is an ikea bulb - on hue - off a MS and my front downlights which are hue bulbs - on hue - firing off a ST contact sensor.
In saying that I have a bunch of Yeelights running with Iris MSs that sometimes have the slow to fire issue on motion so I cant say its totally (for me) isolated to hue hub only connected bulbs. But the most noticable ones are the hue bulbs off MS rules.

1 Like

Maybe it isn't hue, I don't know I only have hue. But if I look at logs, I do see the motion instantly in the logs (xiaomi directly connected to HE) and the same is for the hue dimmer button (also directly connected to HE). Only the lights take their time. But it could as well be something Ethernet related.

1 Like

I bought a $20 TP-Link unmanaged switch and connected my 2 HE hubs, ST hub, Hue, and pc running Homebridge and haven’t had any issues since. I did also ditch the built-in Hue integration for @bertabcd1234 ‘s CoCoHue app. I don’t like wifi lights because they are dependent on the router keeping them in the loop and sometimes will have a delay because they aren’t being updated often enough. I got rid of all but 3 of my tp-link bulbs because of this.

I am in the process of slowly changing out the yeelights - tbh when I was alexa only before HE they were great to control - but they are a PIA if they miss a command or drop off. Then you have to power cycle them, then refresh them on the HE device page to resync them. But then I finally come here and see everyone saying hue might be the cause and think ive shot myself in the leg lol.
So how are you controlling the Hue lights via the bridge - the cocohue app ?
I found my yeelights pretty quick, but this delay of sometimes 6-8 seconds is super frustrating.

Generally the hue bridge is fast. So most of the time lights go on in about 120ms. Which is really fast if you ask me. So if your hue lights are taking much longer normally then there might be something else in play.

Yes. It is awesome and has ramp up/down for groups as well as importing Hue scenes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if your router is causing the delays. I had a lot of problems with delays before moving my HE to an unmanaged switch. I can’t explain why though.

my HE is currently sitting on a TP link unmanaged with my hue hub & sensibo hub.

so with cocohue - I have to remove all my existing HUE bulbs that ive imported with the hue bridge HE app and re-import them with cocohue ?

I really try to steer away from community apps as support sometimes point to them as the cause of the slowdowns.

Darn. I know I used to see the biggest delays whenever there was a wifi light in the scene. Just adding two wifi bulbs would make a scene that was instantaneous, suddenly take 5 or more seconds to complete.

For you info I use an edgerouter pro 8 with everything connected via a microtik 24 port managed switch. I can assure you both are not the problem. (although settings could be debatable) things like flow control, MTU and so on.

1 Like