Slow issue fixed?

after bobbys suggestion of fixing the dashboard - 2 days later its back and worse.
robe MS2 turns on the extra light - 3.5 seconds

@stevebott123, are you using the iPhone Wifi Presence sensor?

i've deleted all presence options except for locative/maker API

I have wifi presense sensing on my C4 hub (which doesnt slow down). My c5 hub does have slowdowns, with no wifi presense sensing installed on that hub.

the only thing ive changed is the dashboard thing above and my hub has to be restarted every 24hrs now, its made it worse.
With all of this and current life issues im thinking of pulling it all apart and boxing it up until I have the patience for it.

Have you double checked you have deselect a device that is still on the dashboard, I've seen some apps hang onto devices as well could the dashboards be hanging onto them???
Also just seen below, what your use of motion lighting app?

1 Like

All devices I went through and with screenshots activated based on them being on that dashboard. Any I missed show up with a "?" and I went back and activated them.
I actually did a shutdown / restart 2 days ago and have noticed a considerable change in behaviour with my hub.

Just wanted to come back around to this thread. My slowdowns are gone. The issue was caused by my old Aeon v1 (300 series) HEMs and my choice to set one of them to poll every second.

Moved them to a second hub and the problem moved to the second hub. Now solving that with a daily reboot on that second hub. Main hub no longer requires a daily reboot.

4 Likes

Just curious... :thinking:
What are you monitoring that you need data every 1 second?

1 Like

I use the door and the power to check for finished with repeat reminders until the door is opened. I got chicken and tied into the light of the microwave with a relay, since it’s on when the door is open. But, since it’s also on when the microwave is running, I have to check the power every second, or it gets out of sync when the door is opened and closed before it has a chance to operate the SmartThings multi that is tied to the relay. Then “The microwave has finished” repeats up to 3 times every minute, until you open the door again for longer than 1 sec, and then close it (otherwise you’re going to get a “Please close the microwave door” reminder after a minute :grimacing:).

Or in fewer words, it has the proper balance for premium WAF :wink:

1 Like

A soft or hard

Wanted to report back... it's been crazy. After repairing network speeds took a huge hit. It looks like they are still repeating even after pairing as battery then switching back to usb but everything was running at 9.6 Kbit/s... just awful. I even relocated the hub and ran a repair yesterday to see if that would help.. nope.

This morning I excluded all the basement sensors and ran a repair. Leaving them off the net for now and my zniffing speeds are mostly 100Kbit/s. I may leave this for a little while to stabilize and then add things back in one at a time under usb power. Maybe there is a bad device somewhere but it wasn't obvious to my untrained eyes in the zniffing logs.

Have you considered making a “battery eliminator” device that is powered via a power supply? This way, the device would not know it is not running on batteries. Basically, trick the device into believing it is running on batteries.

2 Likes

Thats a thought...

It's one of my favorite things to do with the old zigbee (Iris Motion, SmartThings) sensors. I have a few cables on order right now but who knows when they will arrive.

I did think about replacing the sensors but the MS6 mounts are nice.

mmmmm..have to think about it.. thanks.

1 Like

Interested in this and may need to work out how to sort a zniffer. Only use MS6 due to the powered capabilities, but sometimes I have a delay when walking in the room. I assumed it's to do with my none plus devices which I plan to move to their own hub, but I'll be savage if it doesn't fix it due to the motion sensors.

It's very straightforward to set up and I recommend it (mostly) - it may just add to the crazy however.

So moved my hub back downstairs and ran a z-wave repair and zniffer reported a big slowdown. Moved back up and it improved. I realize I have to let things settle a bit but there is a clear difference in hub location. Basement location seems to be an issue so for now will leave in our main floor "family" closet. Good news is my basement lock still working as expected (YRD256 with Zigbee module).

I shut it down, left it for 15 minutes then powered it up.
I have jinx'd myself, woke up this morning and the whole system has come to a crawl.
Dashboards wont load (20seconds to load), lights taking 4-6 seconds to turn on, motion lighting back to snail pace.

In this post

What is device 712 monitoring the washing machine voltage? How many power monitoring devices do you have? Wondering about the effects of multiple power monitoring devices all pinging the Z-Wave network repeatedly and possibly at too high a frequency. This was part of my issue. Are they all Z-Wave 500 series or later? If there's older 300 repeating devices in there, that could be pulling things down to a crawl because they're so chatty, and asking them to poll frequently seems to be very detrimental, where only a reboot clears up the situation.

Without doing a full assessment of all of the apps/devices you have on your system, there's no real way to know what is causing the problem. I can say, I have not had to reboot my hub in months and my lights respond almost before I get into the room. The only noticeable slow-down is at 2am when the backup routine runs.

So, if you want to post a summary of your apps/devices, it could be checked for anything that jumps out as a possible "offender".

3 Likes

I have 1 - the aeotec on the washing machine.
All my devices are zwave plus - 3 aeotec multis - 1 aeotec wall plug and 2 aeotec repeaters (all plus)