Slow issue fixed?

The change mentioned in OP is more of an advisory than a fix. Events could still get lost I believe but it now does warn you if it’s happening. Whether it was ever happening before I’m not sure so it will be interesting to see if it gets flagged.

1 Like

There are custom drivers for these where one of them works with securely joined devices and the other don’t. Not home at the moment but I use one of them with my securely joined Fibaro dimmers on 2.1.8

Actually thinking about it now perhaps that’s the problem that the built in drivers don’t support securely joined devices anymore.

I installed the upgrade yesterday afternoon, disabled my auto reboot app (4AM reboot) and usually I need to reboot manualy at least once more time during the day when everything slows down. But not today, everything seems to be running normaly.

I do use many third party apps (Ogiewon's Harmony, BPT World apps, Rob's Lifx app, Ecobee suite, CSteele, CodaHQ Dimmer apps and many more so I never complain of slow downs, I know that I might be pushing the hardware a bit.

It does seem that the problem might be found after all, wait and see.

1 Like

When you get home would you mind posting which driver you are using and i'll give it a try.

Cheers,

Andi

Hey Yannick could you point me toward that auto reboot app. I find myself rebooting my c4 hub once a week cause it freezes. So I have been trying to figure a way to auto reboot the hub any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

@biggkatt01

Here you go:

6 Likes

Once again you are super aaiyar thanx again much appreciated.

2 Likes

I do use RM to reboot the hub but I never consciously disabled my hub security. Where is that enabled/disabled if you don't mind ?

Go to "Settings -> Hub Login security".

1 Like

Thanks bobbles, so this option would only protect my hub if someone connected to my lan locally ?

However you access the hub, locally or remotely, you will need to use the password to logon to it.

There was someone on the forum a few months back who did a search looking for Hubitat hubs and was able to get into their network and access their devices as the hubs were not password protected and the people were doing port forwarding I believe.
I think he just wanted to show people how insecure their networks were. (He/she took it a bit too far though).

So along with password protecting your hub, I would make sure your network itself is secure. Their are numerous threads about it.

3 Likes

Ok, I will enable that, any way I don't think I need to auto-reboot my hub anymore, I did some tests this morning and it still runs normally. I'm surprised I don't see more people commenting on their hub's performance since the last update.

I have not noticed a change yet. My main hub is still rebooting nightly. My upstairs hub seems to be okay but usually only reboots every once in a while. I'm using the Rootn Tootn Rebootn app.

However I do not believe it is an HE thing.. very likely something I've done. Since things are "working" post reboot I've been very slow (lazy) in troubleshooting the issue.

I reboot both my hubs every other day and haven't bothered to stop doing it since the update this week.
I may disable the app and see how the hubs perform. It would be nice not to reboot it every other day.

I know something changed and it's not a placebo effect because I usually need to reboot my hub even with nightly automatic reboots. I work from home most of the time and the hub starts to slow down from 6 to 10 hours after a reboot. My blood boils when I go into the laundry room and I'm left in the dark looking at that blinking red light on the Zooz motion detector...

Since yesterday, I've started loading third party code that I was holding off until the hub got more stable like the Unifi presence to replace the inbuild presence on the app that stopped working correctly last week for no apparent reason.

So far so good, my hub (I have only one, loaded with close to 90 devices, mostly Zwave) is running well, no reboots since friday.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed a difference with motion triggered events. It seems like I used to walk into my bathroom and it’d take 1-2 seconds for the lights to come on, now it’s almost instant.

Using the Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor (built in driver) and The new Inovelli Red Series Dimmers with the custom driver from Inovelli.

3 Likes

This is all great news.

I just turned all my automation back on under Hubitat.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

So it's been 56 hours since the I did a hub reboot with version 2.1.9.114 installed. The hub has started to slow down unfortunately. Motion detectors have 3-4 seconds of reaction time instead of 0.5-1.5 seconds in the beginning.

Hubitat Interface to show apps, dashboard or device list is slower than when I started this test.

EDIT: Now that I tested again, I dont think the UI is any slower than after a reboot. But the devices are slower to respond (tested motion detectors)

I have a Dome zwave+ contact sensor that has always been super quick to react, but now takes around 3 seconds to trigger.

I will wait another day to see if degrades or stays the same. One thing is for sure, something was fixed but there is probably more than one issue going on. I'm happy with the improvement. I could probably reboot every other day or every 3 days.

2 Likes

I didn't have a problem before the update, but carried it out as a matter of housekeeping. This morning my aeotec multi sensor 6 sensors took almost 8 minutes to trigger the dimmers / switches. Rebooting doesn't resolve anything. I left for work this morning healing the z wave network and now it's at least logging movements quicker but still not reacting. I have rules both in motion app and rule machine. Weirdly apps like watchdog are still reporting on time and the hot water secure switch set by rule machine came on at the right time. Everything else is lagging / questionable if working. Additionally dashboard / in the device turning the dimmers on / off is laggy too up to about 5-10 minutes. The update ran fine for the first 2 days though so wondering of something just went wrong, or if it's update related. Sods law says that of all the time the house has a hissy fit, is the same time that I'm due to go away with work and leave the Mrs at home for the week!!

2 Likes

Oy, I thought that was just my house and Hubitat hub.... at least I know I'm not alone - my partner literally dreads when I have to travel for work, as she knows things will likely go into the toilet while I'm gone... VPN in on my phone to reboot hub is usually the first course of action.

It's also somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one facing hub slowdowns and/or lost events (I turned off ALL sensor-based automation and only have time-based rules for sunset/sunrise). Those time-based automations seem to be working better now with the new update, but direct control and Alexa control still are VERY slow, but not consistently - they can be super-fast, or dreadfully slow... ugh, how can this still be an issue at this point in Hubitat's evolution?