Slow hub

Whichever stick you get, use it w/these instructions to remove your ghosts, and as noted you can also use your stick to pair the Fibaro w/no security, which will quiet them down significantly.

Ghost Removal

2 Likes

+1 :point_up: - what @danabw said - setting up the Z-Wave PC Controller SW can be tricky and potentially frustrating so his instructions are super helpful.

1 Like

thanks, ive been living in frustration for the past weeks, frustration is my best friend
and any instructions for non security inclusion >

1 Like

also would it be the best practice to take the hub out of that location to make sure no device reaches it then use the stick to remove the ghost devices?

I posted this a while ago..

1 Like

No the secondary controller needs to remain paired to the hub (which is the primary) - the secondary controller controls devices via the primary controller if that makes sense. What happens is in the PC Controller software you have to test for "Is Failed" on the device and get it to show as failed, then you can remove it. Don't worry - we are happy help with this!!!

no, you got it wrong, i am saying to take the hub along with the stick away from any paired device to avoid any ghost still being powered up then deleting the ghosts using their zwave ID
Maybe some of those ghosts are still up, i know for sure that at least 2 aren't.

1 Like

Ah sorry missed that.. okay yes you could do that. Or a nice Faraday cage.. :grin:

2 Likes

Read the entire doc before starting the process, particularly this section:

2021-02-24 10_08_39-Hubitat Remove Ghost Instructions.docx (Protected View) - Word

And this could be interesting/helpful w/joining Fibaro w/out security:

Here is a picture of the "lovely" PC Controller interface.. I just paired my Z-Stick for giggles... I've highlighted a switch and showed what you need to press to get this to work...

thanks, since some are powered down, is it possibile for the stick to confuse the actual working device as failed since the hub can't ping it and delete that by mistake as well?

Yes that would be a risk.. one thing to do is identify the "bad" devices via the Z-Wave details page... there are devices with no cluster info OR devices that appear in the PC Controller list that are missing from the Z-Wave details.

This is the related switch on the Z-Wave details page from my other post...

EDIT: The decimal value of the "Node" column in HE Z-Wave details page corresponds to the "Id" column on the device list in the PC Controller software.

yes, i noticed that, so is the stick having an option to remove by id instead of fail status to do that instead where i insert the id manually?

wait, looking at your pic i see you already selected a specific device from the list.
so basically i need to select the ID of the ghost node then hit those fail buttons

Yes that is correct! The entry in the list will turn red and you can "remove failed" after that.

1 Like

The secondary controller/pc controller sw shows the full list from the HE Z-Wave table even if HE does not.

Just don't delete devices 1 through 6 those are specific to the hub and reserved addresses it uses.

2 Likes

i think you want to say 1 to 5 because 6 is a ghost device with problems

2 Likes

Yea, sorry, been a while since I had any ghosts to deal with.

2 Likes

Me too! :smiley:

If you look at the PDF in the link I posted you'll see things laid out very clearly step-by-step w/pics, should clear up most all of your questions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes