Single Gang Double Switch?

I'm trying to find a single gang switch that has 2 switches (preferably ZWave but Zigbee is fine). I currently have a non-smart switch:

Anyone aware of a single gang switch that can have two separate switches like that?

1 Like

Best option - Replace the box to add space and use a separate switch. I've had to do that.

Alt option - You can use either two single relay's or a dual relay behind the dumb switch. In the past some dual relays didn't provide proper status of the second relay so choose the relay carefully if you go that route.

No possibility to replace the box without a larger remodel. There is a stud on the side of the existing box and vent pipe for a sink on the other. The type of switch I put in there was because of limited space.

I'd prefer to avoid a relay, but I might have to go down that road...

Lutron Casetta. However, it requires a bridge device. Will cost US$50 for switch plus US$120 for bridge device. Listed in Hubitat Capabilities List.

There are some WiFi devices on Amazon. Would take research to see if they work with Hubitat, but most do work with Alexa, Google Home.

I'd be fine with a Lutron device, but I didn't realize there were any switches that hook up to two loads? Which switch?

Look on Amazon. I saw at least 3. But they are two switches in a single gang, like you are mentioning.

I did, I found none. Are you sure you're not just seeing the big "on" and separate "off" button? To my knowledge, Caseta does not support 2 separate loads.

I assume one of those (or both) is a light? Guess which one of these is wired. Hint: It's not both of them!
And, I just noticed my wall plate is cracked! Guess what's getting changed this weekend...

Interesting thought. I guess I could put a pico in, but I still don't have room for a 2 gang box....

And yes both are lights.

That's what's great about Pico. That's a single gang box where the fan control is. The Pico on the right is simply surface mounted with one of these...

I have "Light switches" (Pico) mounted where there is no box in a few places around the house, but it looks like there is a normal box and a Lutron light switch there..

This relay works well and does report status on both relays:
https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/qubino-z-wave-plus-flush-2-relay-module-zmnhbd3

So you could keep existing double switch or put a Pico instead if you want to go down the addictive Lutron Caseta path.

Zigbee

Z-wave

But when you search "double gang" isn't showing great results. But "2 gang" gets better results.

I haven't found 2 gang switch but 2 gang options exist.

This is what I did in my daughter's room years ago, but I used Insteon micro dimmer, which only comes in single versions. So only one switch is "smart" because I couldn't fit two in the box. The Dual Relay Qubino is a good option, but doesn't allow for dimming. Also none of the embedded options will allow dimming at the switch, so I like the Pico for this much better.

After the initial investment of the CasΓ©ta Smart Bridge Pro, Picos are a really inexpensive way to add dimmer control around the house, anywhere you want.

Use a Shelly 2.5 .Running two of these currently. They are my favorite out of the other relays Im running which include aeon micro dimmer, vision, enerwave relays.

https://shelly.cloud/shelly-25-wifi-smart-relay-roller-shutter-home-automation/

1 Like

And make sure you line up the screw slots. Disgraceful!!!! :wink:

2 Likes

LOL, I think I'm going to replace it with a claro plate.

1 Like

Hiding your slopiness then.

I personally don't care when I put the screws in but I remember a huge angry back and forth between a bunch of people on proper screw alignment. It was hilarious.

2 Likes

This one has new, un-chipped screws. :face_vomiting:You should see some of them!

1 Like

Winding them in with a power screwdriver can have an affect.

1 Like

Of course I don't do that! I've been around the block a few times.

1 Like