Simulate a RF remote with Hubitat and a RF bridge

With the Sonoff Bridge flashed with Tasmota and Portisch most non-rolling codes work fine. As for a driver, when it is just one or two commands RM and sending raw Tasmota commands through my Tasmota parent driver will do the trick. I also have a Sonoff Bridge driver, but even though it works well for receiving commands it doesn't have good support for sending and is not likely to receive any updates. I've also seen some other options in terms of drivers around the community, but don't know them or how/if they work.

I don't see any indication of the remote frequency. If 433Mhz, then Sonoff Bridge is possibility. If 315Mhz, then Bond might be an option. I have a Tasmotized Bridge that can learn codes to send but I use Node Red to link with HE. My Bond Hub works great with @dman2306's integration.

I picked up a switchbot hub mini and can control it through HE by way of Alexa

The Amazon price is someone price-gouging... I ordered direct from the mft for $23.

@gassgs, @stephen_nutt, @markus

I looked inside the remote and found the OEM and Googled to find it is a 433 Mhz remote.

The Sonoff Bridge was mentioned. Would that be the easiest to use for an integration considering I have no knowledge of creating custom drivers, etc. I am a 4/10 with Linux, 7/10 with Hubitat normal operation.

Many thanks for your feedback.

The sonoff bridge is very inexpensive so I would say it's worth a try for sure. The bridge would need to be flashed, it's not too difficult but you might want to read up and make sure it's something you are comfortable with.

Here is a link to a couple drivers I put together. If you are just trying to simulate pushing a few buttons it should be easy enough.

Thank you! I ordered a Sonoff Bridge and will give it a try.

One Q: I see several instructions on flashing the firmware; however, I am unclear on the Mac interface card to do so. I bought this one along with these. Will that work / something better?

Thanks,
Marty

That should work.
My experience:
I had this one (Link), it was terrible. Could never get it to connect right.

This one (Link), works perfect for me every time.

Thank you! I have one on the way.
-mm

That appears to be an IR device? OP needs something that’ll work with an RF remote.

you would be correct, my bad.

For RF, I bought a second remote for my blinds and used a ZEN16 to control the buttons

Any updates? I also have a Leggett & Platt and am hoping to get some kind of solution for it.

Did you get your base going? I just got one and gonna try the suggestions here as well..

Sorry for the slow replies. No, I bought everything, got busy, and it's sat on a shelf. Wish I had better results to report.

May I ask how you did this? Thanks.

connected the output of the ZEN16 to the button on the remote. then when i activate the ZEN16 it "presses" the button

it requires a multimeter to identify the terminals and a soldering iron to connect leads to the button

1 Like

No biggie... Thanks for the response... I just got one delivered today so I'm gonna play with it and see how it goes... If I can get it to work, I'll post back here... May take a few days as I'm headed out of town tomorrow on business...

As for the ZEN16 route, I actually did that with my home alarm system... Opened the key FOB and wired directly to the appropriate buttons... Now I can arm/disarm my regular alarm system remotely along with HSM...

1 Like

Was wondering if you had any luck with getting this set up? I just got my HE today and am about to dip my toes into this but i have the exact same bedframe and it would be awesome if i could get this setup

I never did get this going. I got preoccupied with other things and put this project aside for a while... :frowning:

I know the son off is a much cheaper solution but I went all in and bought the Bond Pro hub to control a bunch of RF devices in the house (not a bed). It really is pretty straightforward, will handle pretty much the whole house, learns remotes it can't identify, and is even PoE. You can use their website to enter the FCC id of the remote and it will tell you right away if it's already in the database.