Simple Automation Rule Error

I'm getting the following error on a Simple Automation Rule:

2020-05-29 07:43:25.879 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "23.0" on line 449 (luxHandler)

2020-05-29 06:43:26.230 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "99.0" on line 449 (luxHandler)

The device is an Inovelli 4 in 1 Sensor using the driver found at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djdizzyd/hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli/inovelli-4-in-1-sensor.groovy

I can't tell if the problem is with the Rule processor or the driver. Any help will be appreciated.

Can you describe what behavior is doing with the sensor?

This is a screenshot of the rule:

Is it functioning properly?

No, the rule is not functioning properly. The light fails to turn on during the specified conditions.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I wasn't sure if you were just wondering what the error was, or if there was a problem you were leading to.
Tagging @Eric_Inovelli
Appears to be something within the driver IMHO. Perhaps @bcopeland can weigh in as to what this error is referring to and if it's something affecting the rule from working correctly.

The driver is actually authored by @djdizzyd

that's funny .. well, he's tagged. He writes a good driver. I'm sure he'll weigh in when he checks in.

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

When you added the driver, you did click configure in the driver page of the device. Correct?

Yes. The driver is functioning in all respects except the specific rule I referenced above.

did you try something similar in rule machine? just to see? I don't have an inovelli, so I can't mess around with the driver, but maybe the reporting threshold is off and not reporting right away. Can you check?

I also know that there are some shortcomings in some devices that cause weird reporting of lux and motion at the same time. making it report one or the other at times.

The error is saying that the app is expecting to do a calculation on a number and it is receiving a string

You donā€™t say whether the error is from the app or the device
(Clue, itā€™s the first word of the error, along with a number)

I would suspect that the driver is not giving the app the correct format

Andy

1 Like

The values listed in the 2 errors (99.0 and 23.0) were the correct values at the time of the errors based on prior observations. The error seems to indicate a format problem. The rule should have triggered at 23.0 but not at 99.0 - it never triggered I guess because of the error.

1 Like

It's an App error:

I agree it's probably a format problem with the data being passed from the driver, but the error refers to line 449 in the app and I don't have access to the code.

Lux is an integer value only, not a decimal like 23.0. Just put in 23 instead.

1 Like

Thanks to all who responded. I'll follow up with @djdizzyd about changing the Illuminance value to an integer.

Didn't realize it at the time, but apparently djdizzyd is Bryan Copeland.