Simple Automation Rule Error

@sam.bowden there is an update that should fix this for you

1 Like

Many thanks. I'll apply it now.

1 Like

@bcopeland provided a fix for this problem. Thanks, Bryan.

1 Like

I was having the same problem right now with Xiaomi Light Sensor (Zigbee), which was supposed to trigger a scenario based on luminosity values.

I was able to solve it with Lux Resulotion settings to 0.

I am having the same problem with the aqara temperature and humidity sensor (Zigbee). When trying it as a trigger for a color bulb (Paulmann 650 lm, Zigbee) within "Simple automation rule 1.1", it gives the same error: "java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "30.06" on line 618 (humidHandler)". Could you please give me a hint, how to manipulate the sensors format, so it suits for this driver? Nowhere I found a "Lux Resolution" or other means of adaptation... Is it possible to make the drivers code open source?

Same here. When I use humidity value as a trigger in Simple Automation, I get this error:

Does not accept decimals? If so, how can I change that? I'm using the built in generic zigbee motion/humidity sensor and it reports value with decimals.

Humidity needs to be an integer, can you reach the driver author and have him/her update the driver?

Edit, I misread the driver being used. We we'll get the driver updated in the next platform release.

Mike, can you please explain why Bruceā€™s comment today seems to indicate something different?

I can. The attribute type is NUMBER for both an integer value and a decimal. The attribute value returned for humidity must be an integer. Apps like SAR depend on the right type of value coming from the driver (they don't look at the attribute type). So a value of 16.9 will blow in integer contexts, since it's not an integer.

RM custom attribute is probably the only code that examines the attribute type.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.