Show your Zigbee or Z-Wave maps

I have found that the built-in one gets all 67 of my Zigbee devices in about an hour. The original version only found 65 of 67 after running 24 hours.

Everything's there. :grinning: Quite a few surprises for me, from what I had assumed was how these things were hooking themselves together.

A lot of the pathways are still "tentative". What are they waiting for?

Zigbee...

Z-Wave... why does it look like some type of multiverse map? lol

1 Like

Still populating...but this was fun to see how they are connected.

I’m on 146 but don’t see it .
Where do I find it ?

Zigbee and z-wave details pages

Thanks .. proverbial “Snake but me “

1 Like

The Zigbee Radio Devices page also has a last message column that you can sort. I think it's helpful too.

1 Like

ya i wish we could get access to that column to do a report.. would be the best way to see a zigbee device is offline but for some reason they wont let us

3 Likes

1 Like

My zigbee network is much less 'mesh'-y than the Z-wave network.

It will probably look more "meshy" if you leave it up for a while as devices find new routes all the time based on their black magic.

The renderer is drawing a picture based on neighbor and child connections of the hub. It's not capable of showing all the the neighbor connections of the routers to each other (unless they happen to be part of a recently used route).

Regardless, each router is tracking up to 16 links to other neighbor routers (including the hub) as long as they are in range, and will evaluate them about four times a minute and can use them as potential routes if needed. No Zigbee heal, no repair necessary.. it's just what Zigbee does, always capable of generating new routes dynamically. Those links won't be shown on the picture... You need a genuine mesh map to see those.

2 Likes

Just discovered this, pretty cool

A partial map, but interesting that my one xmas outlet (xmas 4) only has one thing repeating through it lol.

Just don't lose the nightlight or thermostat. :slight_smile:
Or, maybe then everything would go through Zmas-4. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems pretty complete - at least your hub thinks so! :wink:

Do you have more Zigbee devices on another hub/bridge? Is that what you mean by “partial” ?

2 Likes

Yeah...(My dev hub as a small mesh on it too)

looks pretty messy