Show us your rack! (No not that one!)

Dude put it back up, just ribbing you...

2 Likes

I want to see.

2 Likes

Can't possibly be in worse shape than my office right now. It's a wreck... I have a ton of projects going on right now and there is crap everywhere...

PXL_20221112_234623366

7 Likes

Looks a lot like mine! And this is after buying some storage tubs from Bunnings to organise my 3D printer parts! :rofl:

Ps the stuff on the bottom left is my wife’s doing, she likes to dump old kids toys etc in my study! :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Any kid stuff that goes in my office goes in the trash so they stopped bringing stuff in here.

5 Likes

Great idea, however I really don’t want to have that conversation with my wife! :flushed:

4 Likes

I only had to have the conversation once and no issues since.

2 Likes

You are braver than I am mate!

2 Likes

The second to last one looks like my desk. How many things can people identify on my desk...

6 Likes

See I'll bet you know exactly where everything is.. the perfect balance of organization and chaos. :wink:

1 Like

Nope, have no idea what's burred underneath. Probably a check I need or other important documents...

That's my tool cart at work. Chaos but I can blindly reach behind me while laying on an engine and get what I need.

3 Likes

You are my people!

10 Likes

This is my home setup. Exclusively UniFi at the moment. Top to bottom, in rack:

• UniFi Patch Panel
  • UniFi USW-16-PoE
  • UniFi Patch Panel
  • UniFi UDM-SE
  • Raspberry Pi in ArgonOne V2 Case running PiHole and Unbound for recursive DNS and network-wide ad-blocking
  • Arris SB8200
  • Syonolgy DS418play (Plex Server and cloud backups)
  • CyberPower 1500VA/900W 1U UPS

My HE C7 is on top of the USW-16-PoE, connected via the patch panel to the switch.

Not shown:

• UniFi U6-Lite AP
  • 2x G4 Instant
  • UniFi USW-Lite-16-PoE (for outdoor cameras and lights)
  • 2x G4 Bullet
  • 2x Smart Flood Light

10 Likes

Boom! Check this one out!

Only things wired are my PC (just to the left), printer (just to the right), Hubitat, wife's work IP phone. Everything else is wireless.

Not pictured: Small UPS (on the floor below this pic) for this stuff and my PC.

:slight_smile:

Edited to add: Some of these setups are truly impressive. :+1:

8 Likes

This looks familiar.....

Pretty sure I was geeking out over this setup in the Ubiquiti Facebook group

Btw.....I've made progress!

2 Likes

@markbellkosel84 So what are you using the 3 ports on the UDM for? PoE?

Yup, I posted my setup on the FB group. Was it you that I asked what that little black box was in your setup? If it was you, that’s what sent me down the Hubitat rabbit hole!

I’m just scathing the surface. Just got my HE installed today, installed bulbs in all of my rooms, as well as outside. No automations or anything fancy yet. Ideally I’d like to get this integrated with HomeKit at some point.

1 Like

I decided to use them for the things that are in the cabinet. Both hubs and pi Hole. My previous set up had those on a seperate "network center" switch.

I was the one asking about the port covers and mentioned that you inspired me to go back to my Argon case for my pi Hole.