Show off your Maker API creations!

Just wanted to see what people have been able to create with Maker API. I'm working on a custom dashboard personally but haven't made much progress yet.. no time.. so need inspiration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love Launcher for my watch.

5 Likes

I'm using it for my NodeRed dashboards along with the ws:/hubitat/eventsource websocket. The MakerAPI is used to push commands while the eventsource websocket gets status of devices. I still have a lot of work to do to get my devices hooked up, but the heavy lifting is mostly completed.

I've almost completely ditched MQTT for my NodeRed dashboards. I only have battery status to go and then no more needing a MQTT server! That's a win in and of itself for me.

2 Likes

I used the Maker API to have a virtual motion detector set based on the camera system I use..

Works like a charm, with decent coverage of the yard + average all app by @Cobra I can tell when there is motion in the yard easily.

1 Like

I wrote a Polyglot NodeServer to integrate Hubitat with ISY...

1 Like

How's it working? I think this is the first ISY solution I've seen for HE, unless I'm mistaken. Insteon or Z-Wave?

I just pushed the code yesterday so.... but it's working quite well so far. AFAIK this is the first integration into ISY. At the moment this is integrating Hubitat with ISY to bring Hubitat devices into the ISY for status/control.

1 Like

@jeubanks and @SmartHomePrimer

Off topic, but what's the benefit of ISY over HE? Or, is there an advantage to running both? I'm asking as looking at the ISY product, I like the sell, but I don't see how it would benefit someone over HE.

ISY is a really old interface. Unless you’re controlling Insteon I don’t personally see the advantage over HE

2 Likes

Nice. Can you control dimmer levels yet, or just toggle On/Off at the moment? By status, do you mean light status, or do you have input sensors working too?

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

1 Like

Umm... You have to define interface. As there is the "Admin Console" for the ISY which is purely a utility console for admin work. The "End User" interface to ISY is through a Web interface which is basic but usable or through the mobile based apps of Agave or Mobilinc. Mobilinc just released their latest Mobilinc X which is a unified interface for IOS and Android devices. Which BTW is AWESOME and looks great.

Benefits of ISY is if you have Insteon. ISY can also work with Z-Wave devices if you have the Z-Wave card installed.

Currently I have:

• Switches on/off
  • Motion sensors (NYCE, Fibaro, Zooz/Dome) All devices states/measurements
  • Lutron Pico's working as of this morning

Dimmers and Levels are on the TODO list for today.

Objective here is to bring Hubitat and ISY together so I can have better control of all of my environment with Hubitat having really good ZigBee support I can bring those devices into ISY for programs.

Next Phase of this project is a plugin for HomeSeer finally to bring Hubitat INTO HomeSeer for the ZigBee support.

So then reverse, controlling ISY from HE should be doable? I’m pretty sure there were some other ISY users here that wanted to control their Insteon devices from HE.

Just curious because I’ve been testing for @cwwilson08 to try and get Insteon input devices controlling HE through web hooks via a Node.js express server modification that Scott Kuster did to allow web hooks to work.

1 Like

Absolutely doable. ISY has the websocket for real time status and they have a REST interface for device interaction. This has been there for a very long time.

Per a previous question I had regarding if Hubitat had a websocket client which it does so it's definitely possible to do the reverse with an ISY and should be very easy for someone that knows the Hubitat/Groovy environment.

Now your work that you've been doing. Is that against the Insteon Hub? If so there is a big part of frustrations and problems.

Yes. The hub 2 is very limited compared to ISY. Scott’s Node.js plug-in for Homebridge and the standalone express server open a lot of possibilities, but I’m not versed in Groovy, so Chris is doing the heavy lifting. He has no Insteon devices, so out schedules make the process of iteration a bit slow.

Depending on what your "goal" is..... Pick a controller to be the master of the eco-system and then wrap the other devices/controllers into that ecosystem. Currently I'm working on the Hubitat -> ISY with ISY being the primary controller. However if there is interest in a reverse of ISY -> Hubitat then it is possible.

1 Like

Lol it is so close I can taste it. It is driving me a bit bonkers...

1 Like

Here's a screenshot that shows some of the Hubitat devices I've been testing with. The main screen shows the NYCE Ceiling Motion Sensor and all the values being displayed.

@cwwilson08 is your integration public? If so I can take a look at the Hubitat pieces and see about modifying to work with ISY?