Show off your Maker API creations!

Everything is in my github. The only thing this driver is doing is pulling the information from the express server. Which itself relies on another dependency.

Driver that connects to the insteon express server via websocket. The data is currently flowing in to hubitat. Having a hard time parsing and sending to the child devices. I pretty much just keep poking till I figure it out. Not having the actual devices is making it problematic for me.

I'd welcome anyone with some groovy knowledge and the devices to take a look.

2 Likes

Well I don't, but I can learn :slight_smile:

I'll take a look. The access/pulling from ISY is there it's just a matter of doing this in Groovy within the Hubitat confines.

2 Likes

Just a quick update. Things are looking promising.

I've messaged back and forth with @chuck.schwer and there is hope the websocket client will be updated to handle the headers, origin, authentication necessary to integrate with the ISY.

I've also been in touch with Insteon and I'm getting access to their developer program so I can have access to the full API information and work towards a Hub integration as well.

And for @razorwing to let you know I have put together the basic framework for the Websocket to support a plugin for HomeSeer to integrate Hubitat.

4 Likes

This looks awesome, was it extremely complex to setup? I have Fire tablets setup with SharpTools dashboards with switches that flip virtual switches in hubitat that fire rule machine rules but to be able to do it from my watch would be awesome.

1 Like

No not at all. The worst part was having to paste in the URLs into the Launcher app, on your phone :slight_smile:

I gathered all the Maker URLS in one mail and sent it to myself, then created the Launcher for my watch on my phone :slight_smile: I think you can download Launcher for free to test it, but the full functionality is a paid for move @ $2.99 US. (Cant remember how many £ I paid now).

It seems there may be a better app, Launch Center Pro, but I don't see that this supports the watch.

I suppose if I get the MakerAPI coding correct then I could just as easily use IFTTT virtual buttons do a call on the URL as IFTTT has a native apple watch app.

Yeah very true, although I was using local IP for speed. I did add some via the Cloud URL though.
But via IFTTT you could just link the two and not use Maker API too :wink:

1 Like

@jeubanks ... any update on your effort to integrate HE & ISY so those of us INSTEON keypad owners can use them with HE without a RPi?

No. I didn't move forward on any development of a HE app/driver for integrating with the ISY.

@jeubanks ... my INSTEON keypads cried when they saw your post :slight_smile:

Given the direct link between HE & ISY is not going anywhere, what would you recommend as an alternative for one who wants to use their INSTEON keypads with their HE (while I look/wait for a Z-Wave keypad replacement)?

If it were me I would likely run the ISY as the primary and use the Polyglot nodeserver to bring zigbee devices over from HE to the ISY. The ISY has decent support for z-wave but so does HE so it's a toss up and results may vary.

This would give you full functionality of the keypads and ability to interact with HE devices in the ISY programs. Downside is you would lose some cohesion of some HE functions, yet if I remember correctly HE introduced an easy method of doing HTTP GET calls from rule machine. This would allow you to create variables within the ISY and set them from a rule to trigger events. This is likely the best/current way to integrate HE performing functions against the ISY and....

in typing this out and thinking you could likely create ISY variables for the keypads and have rule machine run them. The downside is the overhead introduced by rule machine.

2 Likes

yet if I remember correctly HE introduced an easy method of doing HTTP GET calls from rule machine.

Appreciate the detailed reply... the portion i quoted really caught my attention as I did use the ISY HTTP feature to link a ESP8266 sensor to the ISY. So using the variables as you suggested, I should be able to have RM trigger based on vars in the ISY. Thanks again for the ideas.