Show Off Your Dashboards!

I had to search a bit on my local news sites and others to find the animated gifs of weather loops. I would start with a local station in your town that specializes in Weather and they usually have a page of different radar loops and depiction loops. WGN here in Chicago was my primary source.

2 Likes

Yeah they're all using the interactive radar stuff... May just use iframe...:frowning:

Yes I hate it when they use all that JavaScript and server side rendering when the simplest solution works. I was going to embed Windy.com as my loops but it too was all interactive.

1 Like

Hubigraphs use windy.com but for some reason it won't render on my phone, only pc

try this for NWS:

https://www.weather.gov/radar_lite

They have loops here by region. And the url's are static.

Not too bad but wanna find another solution.... Thank you though!!!!!!

That is so close to what I want unfortunately those regions are way too big and my area is barely on the map. Anybody know of something like this but a bit more local?

what's your zip?

I use the animated maps from Weather Underground. Start here and see if your region is in there somewhere... Weather Radar | Weather Underground Click animate, then use the image link for your dashboard tile.

1 Like

I can't figure it out, makes me wonder if my Brave browser just can't do it.

It's a start for the weather/temp dash.... Solved the radar tile with Hubigraph

1 Like

Pretty happy with how my new variation on a room dashboard is coming along....

EDIT - Made a few more mods, including seeing how it looked with different backgrounds...

2 Likes

Here's one I did with sharptools to monitor and control my outside lighting. It allows me to configure whether I want my lights to come on when a person is detected by the cameras, motion is detected by motion sensors, or both. It also shows the status of each device - the icons change and light up when motion or people are detected. The odd shape of the dashboard approximates the layout of my house and the devices.

2 Likes

So the wife wanted something without a bunch of tiles in a grid and I came up with this BUT I kind of think it looks lame because it still suffers from the grid restrictions. I'd much prefer it if I could make polygons and bend the areas in a more flexible way. Anybody have ideas? I looks ok until the lights come on, then I cant find a decent looking color/transparency value that doesn't hose it up.

Lights on:

Lights off:

3 Likes

I experimented with png's in an overlay- it did work very well - basically I stored values as variables, dynamically generated images via imagemagick and toggled them in a handcrafted tile.

It's a tad sketchy, but it worked very well. By taking your layout image, then 'chopping it up' into layers (photoshop has a nice layer feature which would come in handy) you could create perfect little toggles for each area. as a bonus, you could easily overly 2ndary data like temps, or other device states. I took it so far as to have 'groups'. as yet another bonus, you can imagemap it.

1 Like

I also made this as an example - I overwrote a workspace hard drive accidentally so I lost all my WIP files so I can't offer you anything to get started...

1 Like

@dotJson That looks too fake. Are all those beds really made? Where's the random messes throughout the house :joy:. Or did you find a way to automate that cleanliness?

4 Likes

1st thought, The Sims.

How, did you get the house layout like that?

Thanks!

We moved into a new house so had to make a new remote for the TVs/Roku. I change the top right slider based on what room I am in. The status of that slider changes the logic for what happens for the button pushes. If it could detect what room I am in, that would be even better. Bluetooth maybe???

This mostly users Roku's ECP (External Control Protocol) that is basically http requests to the Roku.

1 Like