Show Off Your Dashboards!

probably because my english is perfect... :joy: :crazy_face: NOT... snorry

I don't understand... let me try this way...
If you open the garage wil it move to the top? if you open a window in the 'family room' wil it pop in that list?

No need to apologise, those of us who speak English can get it wrong as well... :slight_smile:

Hmm, so you are asking about my dashboard? if so then I probably need to explain what I did in some detail...

The "tab" with the person running is a tile referring to an Alexa Dimmer device for the room in my Motion Lighting rule. Not what you were asking about...

The tile with the shade icon for the Study is a switch tile. Looking at it again, it doesn't appear to change the tile icon when open, so I have some more work to do :slight_smile:

If you are asking about the text-based list in the bottom right hand part of the dashboard where I indicate "No dehumidifiers are currently operating", that I will need to provide more detail on as I flesh it out. I will try and remember to provide you with an update.

You can try this method You don't have to use Webcore for it to work...the URLs can also be used in the HE dashboard, as you can see here. :slight_smile:

[EDIT] Oops..forgot the link: Another way to import camera feeds into Webcore dashboard - Example Pistons - webCoRE Community Forum

1 Like

Very happy with my progress today. Still more to do....

5 Likes

Doing something similar with my custom dashboard, loading relevant HE dashboards into iFrames and building other capability around that. Its cool and works nicely. These are with my "Day" theme that gets set automatically from the Mode.

Lighting (separate tabs for upstairs and downstairs with some common controls in the bottom iFrame):

Alarms (3 different tabs for different type of alarms etc):

The Weather panel under the Dark theme (Mode is now evening, note the banner image at the top has changed). This panel uses a tile from an Openweather driver based dashboard and the rest is from other sources:

1 Like

Some nice subtle touches to mark the change in the time of day. Might look to use some of those myself.

1 Like

Something else I've recently set up is "Warnings". I have rules to check for various things, like external doors unlocked, alarms activated for issues such as water leaks, weather warnings (high rain or wind probability) etc. If any of these are activated then a vertical red banner is displayed top left, next to the time display, suitable for a quick visual check before going out or going to bed for example. If you click on that red strip, it brings up a summary of any active warnings. I also include warnings within the spoken message in my go to bed routine.

Hope it gives others cool ideas and motivation as you guys have to me!

2 Likes

Exactly the kind of thing I want to implement next. Was thinking something like the avatar in the HE Community forum with the decorations around an avatar.

Was also thinking about text tiles that might pop up over the room tiles when something happens, like a power outlet turning on or a door opening, etc

1 Like

I've spent so long creating icons etc it's not funny. This whole thing has become a labour of love (which we never really use much anyway because I try to automate everything). But it's a cool hobby/showcase :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah doing something similar...

Here a lux sensor which show the illuminance level dynamically and switches out the icon image also dynamically. depending on the level (sunshine, partial sun/cloudy, full cloudy). Below it is a Temp/Pressure/humidity sensor which switches the icon and text every 2 seconds to shows the 3 pieces of info:

And here is a motion sensor activated, and the TV is on (yeah it really plays a video and my wife actually complained it doesn't match what is on the TV lol) :rofl: The AC unit is a rotating image because it's on and the red 29 degrees means the current temp in the room is higher than the demand. A single click switches it on/off. A long click pulls up a Dialog with more control over temp, fan etc.

Yeah I'm sad I know and clearly need to get out more ha ha ha :joy: I doubt if there is anyone on the planet with a more functional dashboard than this one :crazy_face:

3 Likes

To be fair, you have set the bar quite high... :grin:

1 Like

It did get me thinking about setting up a dedicated camera and streaming in that video. But then I decided instead to go out for a beer :smiley:

3 Likes

Good idea :+1:

1 Like

Another thing that might give others further ideas too.... I set up a Settings panel to control some high level switches (again just a simple HE dashboard in an iframe) and then some other options through toggles and radio buttons for things like default view (3D or 2D and upstairs or downstairs so that I can have this running on different wall mounted tablets showing the appropriate floor). You can also control if it should automatically switch back to the floorplan div display after 60 seconds of no input/touch. Also if live webcams should display on the floor plans (I've posted about that somewhere here b4). Final thing I just did is set up a PIN that can be used to limit the UI interaction for those that might want to put a dashboard like this near kids :joy:

2 Likes

Could get something like this and get TV reactive bias lighting and you might be able to bum off of the feed for your dashboard.
https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Immersion-Backlights-Ambient-Assistant/dp/B08LVPWQQP

1 Like

Yeah, I remember seeing this before. Maybe one day. It's so much hassle tho'. I use the Philips Sync box for my TV lighting so no benefit there as a reason to do it either. For now I think it's way cool enough just to show the TV on the dashboard with a video playing even if it doesn't match what's actually on the TV. Diminishing returns. Not enough hours in the day already. Sorry to be so defeatist lol :rofl:

How exactly are you getting occupancy information? Do you get that from motion sensors?

Great and fast dashboard with Homehabit app. I hope the hubitat team enhance the Android app.

3 Likes

Do you know how to shutdown the pi from HE.
I'm thinking shutdown the pi and then shutdown the power to the pi and monitor when we go out

Sorry, I don't. Since I use them for other things, I left my rpi on 24/7. I only schedule the screens to go off at night.