Show Off Your Dashboards!

I use Jason's Hubitat integration.

As far as dashboards it comes down to personal preference and there are a ton of options. I would suggest you look through the Lovelace & Frontend thread on the HA forum for help.

1 Like

Are you referring to the loading animation that basically equates to a delay? If so, I really would like someone to figure out how to prevent the lead animation (CSS??).

Yeah I use Jason's integration and it's easy. As for the dashboard, you need to learn about nested grid cards. That's the biggest tip i can give for Lovelace.

2 Likes

How do I get to the lovelace dashboard with out all the other stuff? Is there a direct link without going through the configuration/admin interface like a local link for the hubitat dashboard?

My whole house mainly using CSS. I worked in a power plant a long time ago...

1 Like

yeah if you just use the link that the dashboard is at you can get to it locally. The first time it will ask you to login but after that, it never asks again. You can even create a dashboard user if you are worried about your admin details being on the tablet.

You might be interested in this:

Thanks! Looks interesting...

Which URL would that be? If I go to 192.168.0.XXX:8123/firehd10-start/default_view it still shows the side bar.

Thought I would share one I just put together with help from instructions by @harriscd
I'm still doing a little tweaking with it.

6 Likes

@markbellkosel84 's work and a few others (I think @furom has also does some work on overlaying tiles recently...) inspired my to do some more work on my lighting dashboard to include easier access to scenes for rooms where I typically want the ability to change the scene. Was a bit of a pain initially to make it work on both my PC browser, tablet and phone, but I think that is sorted now and am happy with the result.

I have only done this for the one room at the moment (the Study), providing access to 3 scenes, day, evening and night. Apart from a few more aesthetic tweaks to the solution, I will expand this to other rooms listed in the dashboard, then move on to more detailed dashboards for each room, allowing access to each light, plus other non-lighting related content.

4 Likes

Here is what I came up with for my dashboards.

I use them on 5 devices thoughout the house. I have 2 questions:

Is it possible to get rid of the controls at the top?
Is there a way to get different backgrounds and color scheme depending on the device used?

12 Likes

Yes:

This Custom CSS will remove the header up top and put the settings, add, and reload buttons on the bottom right. That's what I do, as they are pretty unobtrusive on when moved down there. Usually I keep my dashboard "locked down" from the app settings, so I only see the reload (green check) button.

If you want to change the size, edit the zoom and moz-transform:scale() values. I think this feature works great for moving the top controls. and allowing the dashboard to take up the whole screen.

I wouldn't completely remove them, since then it's difficult to change anything in the future. I think there's a way, but I like having those controls show up when needed, which is why I use the "lock down dashboard" feature.

4 Likes

When you do this is it just a matter of going in and changing id numbers in the JSON tab?

@BrianP Thanks, it works perfectly. @markbellkosel84 I'm not sure I understand your question.

The layering of the tiles that you did in the dashboard you posted.

I move the code for the background tiles at the top of the JSON so they stay under the actual working tiles. I don't change the ID.

Edit: Sorry, not realy at the top. I mean at the point where the tiles start to be listed. After the templates.

1 Like

Oh! I didn't know it was that easy. Thank you!

Did you use CSS?

Yes, mostly for size, alignment and hiding text.