Show Off Your Dashboards!

Can I pick your brian?

How did you get the dashboard icons to be clear or gone?

Also did you crop the pic or did you get ride of the menu options.

I can answer the icon question for you, on the CSS tab enter:

#tile-tileID .material-icons{display:none}

for any tile that you don't want an icon on.

2 Likes

How did you get rid of the words under the icon?

#tile-tileID .tile-primary{display:none}

1 Like

I know it's cheating, but I created all my dashboards in Home Assistant. These are running all over the house with fully kiosk on fire tablets. Wife really likes them.
https://youtu.be/tcDQPMS4RrA

1 Like

I like that. Thanks for sharing. I have thought about going that route. Just not sure if I can get it running in my Synology.

I will give it a try.

Could you tell me where it is? It's an option, I don't see it

I tried but it doesn't work out, I don't see any more options

Tile ID is the number assigned to the tile (if you click on the three vertical dots it will show you the tile id

1 Like

No, it is not cropped. That is (was, kinda out dated now) my full display.

Look closely to the lower right hand corner. I prefer the look of no header, and a subtle options gear. I use smartly.

1 Like

I don't see any icons 'gone' on that dash. If by "clear" you mean transparent backgrounds, that can be done in Options > Templates > pick device > move checkered slider all the way to left.

or CSS which I prefer since you can target each tile individually.

#tile-65{
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

Always happy to help.

I am pretty new to Hubitat as well, here is what my dashboards look like. Still a work in progress. Yes, it's that warm in my kitchen, lol, Wood stove on a cold winters day.

5 Likes

Hello,
till today I have only used dashboard via phone/laptop. Right now I've bought tablet and want to use it. But I'm wondering....
I'm using phone vertically (I supposed that not only me :slight_smile: ) - tablet horizontally (but I consider to use it vertically) so grid size and tile size would be different. Have you create few versions of yours dashboards? (different for phone/tablet/laptop)

Absolutely I did. I had a phone dashboard that was styled vertically and limited, and then my main dashboards that were oriented horizontally and had more items on them.

1 Like

Yes, different versions for different devices.

I have a CSS-edited version for tablets and computers which responds to viewport size in landscape using vh/vw font sizes and auto-width/height tiles, and another version for phones. I haven't been able to manage a landscape/portrait-responsive view on one dashboard.

1 Like

Spent many days in the past weeks playing with the CSS on the default Dashboard. Got a few questions for help.

• Is there a list of the default HE icons with the icon name?
  • What is the best method to show weather forecast (5-days)?

This is what I have for the moment.

Thanks.

6 Likes

wow! Noob to HE here. I have that fridge too but didnt even know I could do this! I need to do some reading to figure this out! Nice job. What types of cams did you use? I have arlos all oover and would really like to figure out how to access them like you have done.

I don;t think there's integration for Arlo CAMs. I have asked around in other threads.

Hi. Is there a way to add icon to Mode tile, with dynamic icon based on the current mode? Thanks.

It can be done with a little patience. The template uses a class that corresponds to the mode text, i.e. Day. Thus, you can make some customizations like:

#tile-id .Day {background-image:url(“http://....”)}

or

#tile-id .Night::before {content:url(“http://...”)}

2 Likes