Show Off Your Dashboards!

Hey,

I use @Cobra's Status switch, which allows you to add text to each status, on or off. As its also a switch, you can also use on/off too.

So the wide buttons are the status text of the switches, and the small switch on the right are the switches themselves. I'm using webcore and variables for the rooms, adding switches to be controlled etc.

If any of the listed devices (per room) stay on for longer than 2 seconds, then it updates the status of that room, and turns the "Status" switch on.

In the same piston, I have the switch for turning all devices off.

Hope I've explained well enough, if not feel free to PM me :+1:

Here’s my current dashboard that I’m using on my phone. The three columns fit great and still have some room at the bottom as I decide what else to add.

6 Likes

Looks great but you gotta change those garage door icons to be the same. @spelcheck will cru when he see that one :rofl:

4 Likes

@Royski Nope...got it perfectly...well versed with webcore! Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Appreciate it.

Tony

2 Likes

Haha you’re very right on that one! I didn’t realize I had picked two different icons until I applied the JSON and then I was too lazy to go back to Smartly to fix it...

1 Like

"Back Door" needs love too while your at it ;). If you find yourself in need of a custom icons feel free to post a request. It's been a while since I put anything together.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/smartly-custom-icon-requests/39540/1

1 Like

You may be interested in some of the notes /examples I posted earlier in this topic where I'm using Grafana and influx to chart my temperature and humidity readings on a HE dashboard. I would also recommend looking at the Hubigraph option, even though I haven't as yet, but something that reduces the number of components involved is a more desirable solution IMHO, it was only timing of Hubigraph being released that meant I haven't tried it (I had already setup and was using Influx and Grafana).

Great work!
I really like what you've done, maybe someday I'll get close.
For now I'm just trying to get some basics set up and one thing that jumped out was your "Which bins" tile. Every week someone seems to ask "Black or green?"
If you don't mind can you explain how you set that tile up?
Our local sanitation does garbage one week(black bins) and organics(green bins) the next, with spring and fall large item pickup.
Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

This is again using one of @Cobra's excellent device drivers, Bin Status Switch (https://cobra-apps.co.uk)

You simply set what to show and when, and select the status to display. You then use the attributes on the dash.

As the black bins have just been done today, its already showing what next week is :slight_smile:

You could also have another device for the large items, and maybe trigger that by date using his Scheduled Switch app, which allows you to set a date/time to turn something on, and you can define another to turn it off etc. And without the need to use a complex rule to do it :+1:

5 Likes

So now I find this. Just as my tiny rural town has contracted with a new trash hauler and completely done away with curbside recycling. They just delivered my new bin (just the one) yesterday.

P.S. I will still recycle, but it requires me to haul it to the recycle station myself. No reminder needed for that.

Wow that's ridiculous in this day and age!!

It is, but it’s strictly a financial decision. It cost too much to have it hauled away and recycled. A while ago we were told to stop recycling glass, then more recently we were told only recycle #1 and #2 plastics. That eliminated much of my plastic recycling. They were still taking cans and cardboard/paper. Today is my last recycle curbside pickup for at least the next 4 years (4-year contract the hauler). I can still take my recycling to the county transfer site which is only a mile or two from my house. I’m not very confident of what the county will do with it, but it’s all that I can do.

Now back to Dashboards.

1 Like

There's just no market for recycled products except OCC (Old Corrugated Cardboard). Glass is actually a negative since it breaks and corrupts anything that is recyclable.

Well it took a lot more screwing around than I would of thought possible but the end result is:

Black Bin Samrtly'd Summary

smartly black

Green Bin Smartly'd Summary

smartly green

During install I named the @Cobra Bin Status Switch driver as Wednesday is:
since my pickup day is Wednesday.

Device name Summary

device name

Went with "Garbage" and "Organics" for the two status states.
Screwed around forever with icons, finally ended up at 80 pixels to fit in the tile with text. Gotta love Paint. Loaded them into Google Photos and tinyurled 'em.

Preferences Summary

Black icon Summary

00 black 80

Green icon Summary

0000 green 80

Didn't care for the HE dashboard display and frankly tired of screwing with things.

Black Bin HE Summary

he black

Green Bin HE Summary

he green

So instead of CSS fighting, ran it through the Smartly cruncher and ended up with all the boxes checked.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

3 Likes

Very nice!! I may have to "borrow" your icons if thats ok :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe add them as PNGs and lose the background? :smiley:
I converted them, not tried them as yet though
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-YUZLdb7UZBG4Ibr8EcMujPV1bDVxvlQ?usp=sharing

We have two on a certain day :wink:

3 Likes

@TechMedX, maybe we need Bins adding to the icon list :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good, but I'll have to make something less pixelated or @spelcheck will veto it. :rofl:

How this for a starting point?

greenrecycling bin

Follow changes, and post comments here

5 Likes

WOW Nice!!! :smiley: Can I also have a blue one lol. In the same icon :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

you wish is...your wish. :laughing:

Seriously though I think I'm going to put together a whole "bins pack". I'll do the double icon you need plus a single green/blue/black with/without recycle logo as both roller bins and carry style. That should cover most people, I think.

Follow changes on the icon thread. I have a few things to take care of first, but I feel a "blow of real work Friday" coming on.

3 Likes

Here's the dashboard we use for our mobile devices. There are about 150 devices so it made more sense to split them up some. Some area's are combined like the pantry, kitchen, and dining room into the kitchen to cut down on the number of dashboards. The cameras are in their respective dashboard since we get mobile alerts anyways and I don't need a single dashboard full of camera feeds all the time. Most of the devices are triggered off rules or voice commands. And all of this came about because no one in the house knew how to turn off a light and it was irritating me. Unless I come across something really cool, I'm pretty much done with setting everything up.

7 Likes