Show Off Your Dashboards!

lcw731 what I did is to have a http website working inside my intranet to share all needed files (I used HFS software which is very lite and you don't need to code anything, it will create the website).
On that I have sounds, images, playlists. Then on the dashboard tiles or in the Apps I use the http address just copying the link. Here is the HFS website as an example

I use windows 8.1 on that PC but I know there are many similar softwares for linux as well.

2 Likes

Maybe stupid question....will this driver only work on Roku's Tv (I don't know that brand :thinking: ) ?

Roku is the operating system for the tv. I think tcl and sharp are the only tv manufacturers which use it. You can also buy a Roku stick which you plug into one of the TV's HDMI ports. The driver will only work for Roku TV's or TV's with a plugged in Roku stick. I heard there is another community driver for Samsung TVs as well, but I can't vouch for it.

1 Like

Can't do screenshots as I moved yesterday and haven't set my hub up yet, but basically, first I went to rule machine and created custom commands (or custom actions I always forget which ones are in the general rule machine UI as opposed to the rule ui) for all of the actions I wanted my remote to perform. So there was one for volume up, one for volume down, one for power, everything except for the inputs because they are already child devices with button functionality in the driver. Then I made virtual buttons in my devices page each of which had the name of the command I wanted them to perform. Then I made a very simple rule machine rule for each action. When virtual buttons is pressed, perform custom action. Last I made the dashboard itself.

1 Like

How did you create your weather tile?

APIXU!

Install that in Hubitat and Sharptools makes that beautiful weather tile for it.

2 Likes

Nick. Appreciate you posting this. I just recently set up my home alarm in HE with a Konnected IO configuration and also would like a code. My plan is to put some type of smart tablet in a few areas and if i do that - it would be great to have some other dashboard control options included on the same tablet.
What program are you using for that view?
Regards;
Mac

Wow. Really nice. How did u do that

Sorry, only just saw this.
That dashboard was built with the original version of the dashboard. I'm pretty sure it can still be done but I have an updated version now.

1 Like

awesome display.

Not ideal but i moved images to aws S3 bucket. Since this is for dash background i allowed access to any IP in the world. This way you get the same dash background even on my cloud dash links when not connected to home wifi. If you need them for local dash links you can restrict access to images from S3 bucket to your home public ip address only. This way you can load them without needing to auth with anything like OneDrive

Do you all really think HE Dashboards are good?

We can't even change a tile name. What about changing how the slide operates or maybe rather than a slide you want preset levels or you don't want to see medium-low or medium-high because those are supported with your fan, or you want to created your own templates to use or share.

Not sure who you are asking this, in the "Show off Your Dashboards!" thread, but I'll answer it. Yes. Are they perfect, no. But what you get covers what most people need to control their devices on an automation platform.

Assuming this is in reference to the Device name? You can change that, it's in the Device Details on the hub.

This has been asked for many times and is on the feature request list but our current rationale for not allowing this, is it could cause confusion since the name and label already allow for device display name customization. This may change down the road, but at the current moment, you can change the device label and that shows up in dashboard.

First I've heard of this request to have a slider with preset levels. I'll certainly add it to the list. As for limiting the fan template, unfortunately the current drivers do not have a supportedFanModes to query so those are the values the capability allows so its up to the driver...

This is simply not possible with the current architecture.

You are not required to use dashboard, there are several very good alternatives and no single solution will satisfy every single person's needs.

Of course, anyone is free to build a better dashboard solution as well. It's not an easy task (trust me, I've written several) but we provide Maker API for that reason or you can write your own groovy endpoints and serve up HTML where you see fit.

Hubitat Dashboard is an ever evolving app and will continue to improve and add features requested by our customers.

6 Likes

Hello Nick,

I love your Dashboard layout, I am new to Hubitat and would love it if you could share your Dash code with me, it is close to the vision I had for mine.

Great Work
Thanks Again
Matt

@patrick thanks for the reply. Sorry if came across nit picking as I do think overall you guys have developed a great platform which you continue to evolve. I also love watching Hubitat Live and maybe one day I'll actually catch a live broadcast.

I still think the device tile label feature is missing or maybe I'm just missing something.

Lets say you have a device called the "Family Room Floor Lamp" but on the Dashboard you simply want the Tile Label to be, "Floor Lamp" because its on the Family Room Dashboard.

Thanks, Glenn

A possible middle ground would be to display the Device Name instead of or in addition to the Device Type in the Device List. We could use Device Name for "Family Room Floor Lamp" and "Floor Lamp" as the Label (Name). The Dashboard would continue to show the short Label (Name) and we can sort by the Device Name to group items by location or other information in the Device List. The only change to the system would be the Device List page gets an additional column.

All optional so people who like it the way it is can continue to let Device Name be auto populated with the Driver name. While everyone else get's two usable fields.

Actually you bring up a good point. What is the purpose of having a Device Name and a Device Label?

1 Like

Actually you could use CSS to change the Tile Label, not as easy as a click 'Override name' option but doable with a copy paste code for each tile:

div[style^="grid-area: 1 / 1 / 2 / 2"] .tile-title {
	visibility: hidden;
}

div[style^="grid-area: 1 / 1 / 2 / 2"] .tile-title:after {
	content: 'NEW TILE LABEL';
	visibility: visible;
	display: block;
}

Where grid-area is: "row-start / column-start / row-end / column-end"

So if you want to target the third tile in the second row it would be: "2 / 3 / 3 / 4"
And for a tile with a 2 row width on the first row and column it would be: "1 / 1 / 2 / 3"

7 Likes

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Is there a way to display a variable (either global or local to a control) on a tile? I've scanned all 420+ messages on this thread and don't think I seen this covered.

I found a way to show which button number was pushed, but would really like to display the time the button was pushed (after capturing it as a variable). Another "nice to have" would be showing the sunrise/sunset times on a tile. but I supposed I might be able to find an external link for that.