Should i stay or should i go

Things will go perfectly for you, all devices will join w/out issue and operate flawlessly, your hair will become thicker and lusher, and everything you eat will taste better. Seriously, it's right there in the C7 EULA.

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

That is my goal to.. :+1:
I've got some complex WebCoRe rules today, so it would be fun to learn how RM does the tricks..

Any good examples that i can't live without..? :slight_smile:

Thanks @danabw

Because of this alone, i've ordered a couple more.. :joy:

1 Like

id start with Hubitat Package Manager and see what you can install from there as it has version control and ability to update easily.

Average All - i have it averaging temperature sensors for each level of my house, garage, and outside.
Hub Watchdog - just to see if there are performance dips after i change something
Simple groups - show single status for all my external doors, open if any are open and closed if all are closed
tile master 2 - can include way more useful info on a dashboard tile if you use the built in dashboards
mode manager - helpful if you make use of modes to control states in your house
ecobee suite manager - if you have ecobee thermostat

i also use HubDuino (ST_anything on ST) to run some esp8266 devices with various sensors.

looking at other apps to add features/ease of use, but the rest ive been able to manage with RM

1 Like

Good ones. ^^^

Some I like:

• Auto Lock Door - does what it say, and can check to ensure the door is closed
  • Auto Off - turn off something after X minutes
  • Advanced Button Controller - Simply amazing button controller
  • Device Check Plus - check and report status of doors, windows, etc.
  • Google Home Community - enhanced integration, tons of features
  • Follow Me - have voice announcements, etc., on GH, Alexa, speakers, etc., around your home
  • Zone Motion Controllers - create motion zones out of multiple motion sensors

Those are some that I use regularly and like.

1 Like

My before/after below...it's life changing

Before:

...and...

After - they don't even have to see the hair!

1 Like

Thank you - very helpful.. :pray:

Which app is this? I'm not finding it on this forum nor when I search in HPM

I missed this in my ST conversion. Are these all additional 3rd party developed apps?

It's been a little bit since I installed it, and I believe someone else provided me a link to it.

I believe this is it. Yeah I just looked at the code I have in my system and this is the one. Needs to be added manually on the Apps Code page. Has worked w/my Schlage Z-Wave lock w/out issue.

1 Like

With the exception of Mode Manager, I think all of those are 3rd party apps. Some are available via Hubitat Package Manager (also 3rd party) and some needed to be added/enabled manually

There are also a couple small handy apps in Hubitat’s github.

Haven't been there yet..URL?

Translation: Will you be my Google for me?

I am getting so lazy...

1 Like
1 Like

No idea why I didn't know/realize that this would exist. Thanks!

Example apps and drivers. Nice.

1 Like

I use Average temp to combine all of my fairly accurate temp sensors into one “indoor average temp”.
I use contact motion to add contact sensors to Zone-motion, or use contact sensors as the motion sensor in ML.

Yup, I have set it up to do the same, very nice!

Haven't done the motion side yet...I'm using Zone Motion Controllers app. How does using Contact Motion help w/that?

Just like adding another motion sensor. I use ML in the garage and just added the doors to the garage to the Zone-motion controller for the garage. I didn’t like the way using a contact sensor worked with ML.

1 Like

I thought I’d chime in as a current Vera user and now HE C7 owner, the Hubitat elevation experience is frankly exceptional in my opinion. Full local control versus Cloud Control, honestly it’s not a contest and I would move from smartthings to Habitat in a heartbeat!

This may be Confirmation bias on my part, however I’m loving the Hubitat experience and I’m super glad I moved from Vera for most of my Home automation, I would make the same move again every time.

4 Likes