Shelly products

Glad your Shelly devices are working!

Agree 100%

Please be more respectful of someone who has spent the amount of time needed to write a driver such as this. That he pulled the code is his right and from how he was treated by some people in the community I would not blame him in the least for doing so. Even if no one had treated him badly he is within his right to pull his own code. It was provided for free and with a lot of effort. Writing these things take time. Anyone who don't like it, write your own or, as is now possible, use the system driver. But this goes for any community driver, accept the code under the terms it is provided or not provided, if it doesn't suit you, don't use it. Just don't be disrespectful of someone who put the time in for the community, for free!

7 Likes

@markus - thanks for posting this. I came here to post something very similar. It is easy to forget that we're all flawed one way or the other. Scott Grayban contributed a lot to the community and the sequence of events that led him to leave are unfortunate.

6 Likes

I too want to echo the sentiments of @markus and @aaiyar. Thanks to Scott, I have used his code for a year with a pretty much seamless interface to HE. This has really improved my WAF (Shelly1's ability to use the switch even when WiFi is down & in my old house, where the neutral ran to the light instead of the switch I can put the Shelly1 at the fixture)

Thanks again Scott.

4 Likes

@mike.maxwell I've been playing with the new Shelly drivers. Seem to work well so far.

I assume you wrote them? If so, wondering how you're picking up physical state changes from the switches in Hubitat? Looks like HTTP but doesn't appear like you're polling, so some other mechanism, perhaps facilitated by having child devices?

Cheers

yes

correct..., no poling

nope...
have a look at all the device options via the shelly device's http interface, there's nothing tricky here, you'll see how we did this.

1 Like

See my post for detailed information:

Sneaky. I like it. Is this using MakerAPI? Not something I've got into yet.

Scott has not always been a chatty one. Simple YES or NO made a point.
I respect him for that although I had to learn it myself.

Not everyone has to always act as a perfect support assistant and words of @PhilDeez and @rick.guthier were way below the level of this community.
My opinion that was. Peace.

3 Likes

no, maker api is an application, not a device driver.

@mike.maxwell

• why don't you refresh the status of the relay when you do a refresh, only the usage?
  • If you rename the device name in the parent device, the device name does not change in the child, not possible to change, is this normal behavior?
  • All URL's are filled in exept BUTTON SWITCHED ON URL, does this has a reason?
    I understand why you filled in the URLs, but it was surprising you have overwriting the existing ones :sleepy: :, some work to do :smile:

the status will only update if the switch state is different than what the driver is displaying

the device label in each child is editable

I don't understand...
This driver updates the device properties that are required for it to function with this driver, anything it doesn't modify isn't required in order for it to function.

1 Like

Strange, this is not working for me. If I simulate it. (the light is on, reboot the Shelly with default state light is OFF) the state of the device in Hubitat is still ON.
When I do a refresh I should expect the state in Hubitat should change to OFF, it doesn't

I don't understand it either :smiley:
BUTTON SWITCHED OFF URL is filled in
BUTTON SWITCHED ON URL is not filled in
Not an issue for me, I was wondering...
edit -> OK, I understand BUTTON SWITCHED ON URL = BUTTON SHORT PRESSED URL

Lol, okay, I'll rephrase the question.

How does the rest api mechanism work and is it documented?

Does this integration use Coap? Will there be any problems if you have the hub and device on different vlans?

no, it's straight up http

1 Like

Ok cool! But how does the shelly know where to send messages if a physical button is pressed? Do I have to specify my hubs IP in the Shelly gui?

The shelly api includes routes to set most if not all the device parameters, these are updated when the ip address is entered and saved in the driver.

2 Likes

Is this correct @mike.maxwell?