Shelly products

Mike only maintains the built-in drivers. I maintain the the external drivers. My drivers have a built-in refresh setting.. Mike's drivers do not.

1 Like

I working with both drivers and it's hard to make a decision what driver to use, both drivers have pro and con. I even work for some devices with both drivers, whoehaha

There is the Shelly phone app that is always just as good/bad... My drivers just mimic what the Shelly phone app and the built-in web server provide but in HE groovy format.

I understand, but there are more possibilities to trigger the state of a Shelly relay, Using the Shelly App or HE dashboard on a mobile device or PC is one possibility. Switching the state of the relay by hand using an old school switch is another possibility. My rules need to work with all triggers that switches the relay...

I couldn’t find your driver. Just saw a lot of posts where you removed the driver because, as always, some ppl dosnt know how to behave. :frowning:
Sorry to ask but could you link to your driver?

2 Likes

Lovely. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

@Evilborg Installed your driver and got it working. The lowest refresh rate seems to be 1 minute.
Is there any way the driver can refresh when power meter changes?

What you want is instant info and the only way to do that is via MQTT or CoAP and the latter isn't supported on HE. You will need to find a driver that will pull any MQTT data from the device.

1 Like

@Evilborg, A question, when I see this error, what does it mean? (roller shutter driver)

It is not a big deal because it is only a refresh but just before there was a rule not working for an other device so I guess it is the same issue

This is what happend for the other device, there was no line that turns the fan off

This is a normal situation

Looks like a local network issue... the hub isn't able to reach the device

1 Like

If the hub could support Coap and the driver is designed for CoAP, would you prefer this?

HE will never support CoAP so the answer would be no... sorry. It's hard enough to maintain the groovy code especially for the shelly switches since that one driver supports so many of the devices. Also I will never support the oh-la labs hub ever which I am assuming why you have asked..

1 Like

Not really, today Hubitat is the best fit for me on the market. The question was from a technology view (what is the best technology for a device as Shelly), not from a "can you please write a new driver" view:-).
But yes, if there ever comes a new Hub on the market that fits my needs more and uses an better technology for my devices, why should I not consider it?

You do realize that CoAP is very similar to MQTT? I could never code what I currently have in my drivers settings to work in a MQTT environment.

No, I don't, that's reason of my question😉.

Yup it's a fancy MQTT protocol.

Shelly RGBW White drive has been updated to version 1.0.1 -- see setLevel upgrade and allow channels to be disabled - updated by exhumare · Pull Request #3 · ShellyUSA/Hubitat-Drivers · GitHub for the changes submitted and merged into the master branch.

2 Likes

Hi Do you have a driver for Shelly UNI in the pipeline? Would be real great.../Mattias

Shelly Uni isn't in the US yet so until that happens I wont have a driver for it unless someone here wants to send me one from the EU.