Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat

Good to hear from you again, and even better to hear that you are improving.

1 Like

Great news! Keep getting better and keep your spirits up!

Great to hear that you’re making good progress. Stay strong.

New device coming out... Shelly Plus Wall Dimmer!!! It's snazzy -- not the classic push switch either. It sets the brightness by sliding your finger up/down the switch and the light bar shows the brightness scale.

3 Likes

Hello,

I have one Shelly 1PM which i use for energy monitoring in Grafana.

Does anyone know the real measurement unit for energy?
Power field seems ok. It shows 1.X Wh in standby. But when i read the energy field it gives me wrong values like 77 Wh in standby which is not right. I have also checked in the device hubitat page and that values increments every 1 minute (refresh rate) by 1 or 2. So in reality in increments by that amount (70-80 units). But that cannot be true. If you divide it by 59 you get close to real numbers. Also, in Shelly interface it shows the right values, so it must be something with the driver itself.

Anyone know if there's a way I can tinker with the existing driver code to enable support for the Pro 1 and Pro 2? I just added some of those to my house and discovered the native and Shelly drivers don't support them. Figured since Pro 4 is supported in the Shelly driver maybe there's a way to get 1 and 2.

I was playing with the plus driver and installed a wall dimmer unit. No luck in triggering it on off. Different API command is needed. Any ETA on a driver, this thing is cool, i would love to play with beta code if you have something. Thanks.

Pretty sure the first post has the github repo...

I have been working on this and I do have code that works for it but I am not sure if I should just make a separate driver for this plus device as I currently am coding it into the default plus driver so this might not stay this way for long. I can send you a copy of the code I am working on but you cannot share it for obvious reasons here or to anyone else for the time being.

The github driver is specific to 1/1PM/2/2.5/EM/Plug/PlugS/4Pro/EM3/SHPLG-U1 and doesn't include the Pro 1 and Pro 2. I'm not familiar with the language these are written in, mostly just know perl, but I suppose I could see if what's there for the two channel 2 (regular) or 4Pro could be adapted and figure it out. Was hoping their official driver would be updated to include those at some point; bought and installed before I realized it wouldn't work with Hubitat.

If you are talking about the new pro plus device the driver is under PLUS/ folder

I'll would like to play with it, I only have one installed and the wife is oblivious to it for now. c.o.r.e.y.c.l.e.r.i.c.o@gmail.com - thank you.

I'll PM you here with the code.

Unfortunately not. The plus line differs from the Pro. The Pro 1 and 2 are not similar to the 1, 1pm, 2, or Plus devices. The standard switch driver does support the Pro 4, but not the 1 and 2.

https://www.shelly.cloud/en-us/products/product-overview/shelly-pro-1-1
https://www.shelly.cloud/en-us/products/product-overview/shelly-pro-2-1

This works awesome. I love it, I love the code, I love the dimmer. Shelly did a great job on the dimmer, a real nice look and feel. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It even works with Google Home! Percent dimmed, etc. Wow! Now I'm going to need to send some beer!

1 Like

I know for a fact the Shelly 1 Pro Plus works with the plus driver as I am using it.

You can always send the beers via PayPal.Me :slight_smile:

But I think I will be creating a new plus driver for the shelly dimmer switch. I don't like how it works with the other plus drivers.

Sent something your way!

2 Likes

thank you!

What is a Pro Plus? I see no product on the site by that name. The pro line is a very specific group of DIN mount ac-only relays with one to four channels. It sounds like we’re talking completely different products.

whoops had to look again... this driver should work --> Hubitat-Drivers/Shelly-as-a-Switch.groovy at master · ShellyUSA/Hubitat-Drivers · GitHub

I'm pretty sure it does but in any case I don't think I have that device anymore since the plus devices have started to come out.