Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat

Ah, some clarity now. I started tinkering with the Pro 2 via curl and none of the normal API requests were working. The Pro line, with the exception of the 4Pro, are considered the gen 2 devices and use the newer v2 API, which the Plus line of products also use.

I started using those API requests instead and it began returning data. So I installed the Plus driver even though it doesn't mention Pro support, and it appears to work once given the proper channel to control. There are probably features missing but it gets the job done for how I'm using it.

Do you know is Shelly looking to produce a Shelly Plus Wall Switch like the dimmer unit? I'm looking for something to be self contained in the gang box not the hockey puck wiring type wifi switch.

Sorry but I have no idea until I am sent a prototype to write the driver for it.

1 Like

Hi.
Are there any updated drivers for the Shelly TRVs?

I had one downloaded,but the Github repositry seems to have vanished....

Not sure if it was uploaded to GitHub or if @Evilborg has a newer version than this one.

1 Like

Never uploaded it as I am not happy with the code. What I pasted in another thread is all that is available and should suffice for most people for now.

1 Like

@Evilborg Thanks for the reply - the code I downloaded (from the other thread I think) talks perfectly (as far as I can see at least) to the TRV, so you can set whatever you want from the device instance.
It's the interface to the rest of the world that's the problem - when you add it to the built-in dashboard using the thermostat template for example, you can't set a target temperature, you just get two buttons - one to control the mode and one for the fan mode:
The current temperature is displayed at the top, as well as the current mode, which is unknown, but that doesn't bother me at least.
The minimum, I would think, to make it useful is at least something like this:
but not necessarily even including the mode and fan mode buttons, as for a TRV most of them are not really relevant.

This is due to the way capability "Thermostat" is done. As I said I didn't like the code in he first place which is why I never published it in the github repo.

And to remind everyone I am still recovering from my stroke so coding drivers isnt on my todo list right now.

1 Like

Ah - maybe that's the issue - there's no "Thermostat" in the capability list in the driver code.

Ah - I hadn't clocked that - take it easy and get well !

Hi everyone, I struggle with dyslexia, I have managed to get all my shelly devices working and all my zwave and zigbee stuff configured. I have a 50 page notebook to help me with rule machine 5.1 etc, if I can draw a map or take notes I can make my brain work. Working from home and taking care of my grandmother can be exhausting, this smart home stuff has been a real joy and a release for me. I have read all the Shelly posts and looked over the API stuff on the shelly site. I purchased 5 Shelly Plus Wall Dimmers and no matter what I try I cannot get them to work. I can use certain drivers and enter the IP, I get a status and connected but no control. I assume this is mqtt only? I am not here for hand holding but can someone draw me a map or a list of what to do? None of the drivers here work so I assume this is mqtt only and using makerapi is possible if I have a map as I cannot seem to get my head around it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I have code that works for that dimmer but I am not happy with how I did it which is why there is no public driver for it yet...

I can PM you the driver but be warned this will change in a few months.

Evilborg, That would be amazing I can updated when the "official" driver comes out. I have a friend coaching me on mqtt and such, I just want on off and dim if possible as I have 4 more to install. I have committed to Shelly stuff and approved HE devices, I have managed to hack a few Aqara devices to work well. I would appreciate the assist as when it comes to this stuff it takes me 4 times longer to learn than most people, its a lot of writing and drawing before it sinks in over here and I always have to refer to my notes and drawings when it comes to anything text related, this has been a challenge but very fulfilling for me. Also, sorry about your CVA, this is why my Gran lives with me. Good luck on your recovery sir and thank you again.

1 Like

Official driver is out for the Shelly Plus Wall Dimmer. If you got the test version please update to this driver.

2 Likes

Thanks Scott, I will try to get it working! All configs show up as does the driver, refresh works, etc no controls. I will play around with it a bit more. Going to takes notes on the read me section =) I checked firmware and looked for updates. Tried to understand the driver, in my dimmer via the IP it states device channel 0 and on the status shows relay blank or null. Not sure what I have done but I think I broke it.

so nothing works for you??

No Scott not a thing, everything updates the driver shows correct it does update the device name if I change it in the device so it is communicating and no longer says the switch is locked but I have no control I can use the device by IP change the brightness and it reflects that in HE but I do no
t have any control over the device.

ok found the issue -- i'll have a update soon for it

1 Like

New version uploaded

I can turn on/off and dim, it now functions as it should, thank you sir!

1 Like

Hello,

I am trying to set up some new Shelly Motion 2 sensors

I am trying to set up this using the Shelly Motion driver with MQTT as that is the way I have all my motion sensors set.

I am getting the following error message when trying to initialize

Initialize error: URI path must be empty "tcp://192.168.1.13:1883/:1883"

Should I be using the Shelly Plus driver as this is a new-gen device? I am trying to avoid that as I have the impression that mqtt is better with motion sensors (I have 30+ motion sensors and 200IP devices in total so traffic needs some management)