SharpTools.io Dashboard and Rule Engine

Has anyone gotten word on eventual pricing for this?

We expect to add a premium tier at some point, but no specific plans to announce at this time. :smiley:

Love it! Finally a good alternative. I just signed up and setup two sample tiles. A little slow to react but i expect that to be improved on as we get paid support options. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying things!

Note that after authorizing your devices, it may take a few minutes for the event subscriptions to complete... during which time your tiles might not reflect the proper state if you control them (especially if you have a large list of devices).

I would also note that control should also get faster after the first time you control a device as we start caching some required data so we can do it faster the next time!

3 Likes

I just got things up and running from the upgrade excitement. I've been accepted to the beta. My biggest question is if sharptools will integrate phone status with this? I've been pining for a way to indicate that my phone is on the charger to trigger HE automations without jumping through hoops and if this is is then I'm sold 100%. If it's already available, please tell me how to connect this status. I have it installed on my phone.

1 Like

I hope you are enjoying things so far!

If there's enough interest, we're open to updating the SharpTools for Android app to support the new SharpTools.io platform integrations. In the meantime, if you have Tasker, you can manually call Hubitat HTTP endpoints. Alternatively, if you have SmartThings as well, you can use the SharpTools for Android Tasker plugins with that and use the SharpTools Rule Engine as an integration layer.

1 Like

OMG! I love this! I already have it set up that way, so no worries. Tasker is a bit limited in the rules area, so it's caused unwanted results for me, but it's workable. I did notice (not on this topic) that presence is not updating in the dashboard. Currently, my husband is away from home, but sharptools has him present in the dashboard. We use life360. - Edit ... For whatever reason, it held on to old settings from before. I've deleted the old dashboard.

Replied to your PM. It sounds like you might have had SharpTools authorized before, then downgraded the hub to an old version, then recently upgraded to a Hub release which supports SharpTools and reauthorized right?

none of my devices are available for dashboards creation even after I've authorized the app. Is there something I need to do?

Which Hubitat hub version are you running? 1.1.13.116 has some updates which improve the pairing process with SharpTools.

I am on .116. It looks like I can see them now, but I had to select them in groups. select all didnt work.

1 Like

Check out the following post to learn more about the latest SharpTools.io platform updates which includes a range of new icons, a new Rule Tile, and a number of other enhancements.

6 Likes

I'm running Fully Web Browser on an android tablet.

When logging in I get the following error

"undefined is not a function"

Any ideas?

Thanks for the note and sorry that things aren't working as expected. I assume you mean the error is occurring when logging into SharpTools.io (and not while pairing Hubitat, right?)

Which login type are you using? (Google, Email, Phone)

Thanks for the quick reply. Logging in to sharptools.io with email login (can pair with hubitat and can log in from other devices).. so definitely something to do with the device im using.... I normally run actiontiles on it so thought I'd give sharptools a shot

Can you PM me a screenshot? I just tried all three login types with Fully Kiosk Browser on my Pixel 2 XL and couldn't reproduce the error.

@josh, is it possible to add life360 refresh button to the dashboard? It's using application refresh button driver. Not really sure what kind of capability because HE doesn't release the code for this driver.

Can you setup a rule in the SharpTools Rule Engine with just the Life360 Refresh action and then add that Rule to your dashboard?

I can't add the device to Sharptools device authorized list.

Ah, ok. Now I understand why you were mentioning capabilities. I assumed it was a presence device which also had a refresh command.

If it at least implements the Actuator or Sensor capability then you should be able to add it via the second screen of the SharpTools Hubitat app when configured via the Hubitat Administration UI.

The following post has some more details on this process: