Share Your Data Logging and Visualization Implementations

If you are wanting to get data out of HE about the devices connected to the HE hub (or even virtual devices), you just need to "install" a copy of the Maker API built-in app, add the devices to the list in the Maker API configuration:

Then copy some of the URL's in the main app screen:

The Device Info includes the current state, as well as other information that may be useful for different purposes such as interfacing with HE dynamically...

So, depending on what is required in PRTG, hopefully this will help.

Simon

Thanks Simon, I got that far and can see a webpage with the data I need, but I want to know how to use that JSON data in a client. Just not sure of the syntax to extract the parameter value.

That would depend on the platform you are using, which I now see is the crux of your question :slight_smile: That I can't be 100% sure of.... Sorry.

But if I had to guess.... It would be, in my case:
For Virtual Battery Sensor:
attributes[0].currentValue

For Battery Status:
attributes[1].currentValue

1 Like

Thanks for the help, I managed to get it working after a bit of playing. I'm able to read 10 channels into PRTG which has a decent historian in it for trending.

format to use is "$.0.attributes.temperature" based on GET for All Devices with full info.

1 Like

Just updated my main sensors dashboard yesterday. I was getting so much data from multiple sensors the line chart turned into a big mess. I kept the line charts below so I can see trends if I want but now I can see current conditions at a glance.

8 Likes