Share Your 2.0 Dashboards

I mainly use this too...

However, with the new Hubitat app I have this installed on both of our phones. Really it's just for notification and geofencing... I accomplished Geo-Fencing in Homekit using a virtaul precense sensor. It worked fine.....

How did you add cameras ???

If your camera outputs an image stream you can select an Image tile.
Enter the URL of the camera feed.
Then enter an update interval, careful with how fast this is set.
9Zd7hPgh2G

1 Like

Oh. Ok. Thanks.... Unfortunately my did not....

how are y'all tying homekit geo-fencing into HE visible presence ?

Take a look here:

Virtual presence devices with switches that the home app turns on and off is the short answer.

1 Like

Hmmm - I dont have an appleTV to use as a home hub, and my son takes the only iPad with iOS on it high enough to act as a hub to school every other day. Probably cant go down this route then.

Check for Apple TV gen 4 on eBay.
They’re probably affordable.
Even if you plug it into an hdmi computer monitor and then unplug the hdmi once you’ve got HomeKit set up.
Apple TV rocks with Plex. :wink:

yeah, ive used them all (atv, firestick, chromecast, xbmc, etc etc). I actually prefer the xbox interface for netflix and plex. Plus for the price of an ATV I could buy another hub!
maybe I should look at importing some ST fob sensors instead. Thanks for your help @keithcroshaw

I actually got this all setup with the Apple TV. It has been working great since! I even setup locations on my iphone Home so I could setup notifications of leaving and arriving at certain locations.

What kind of cameras are you using (brand/model)? Most have a feed somewhere. If the camera supplies a built in web page for settings and viewing camera output then there is a feed that can be captured. If you tell me the brand and model, I may be able to help you find the location of the feed.

Regards,

Bob

One example is Netgear Arlo. Any way to view camera stream from a browser and hence via a Hubitat dashboard? I think not... :frowning:

uniden udr777hd
For review i can use only uniden u guard app on my phone

How do you guys get rid of the Hubitat ribbon on the left of the dashboard?

Use the actual dashboard links, not the /dashboard url. Go to apps, dashboard and you can find your dashboard menu links and individual dashboard links as well.

1 Like

Ahhh... excellent, thanks!

image image
Wanted to share a new dashboard I just created that I'm loving. The purpose of my dashboard is a quick glance overview of the status of the house with some control built in.
I decided to use the floorplans I had built in homedesigner as a background and then overlay buttons over the top of the floorplan.
I am only showing one room of my house here as to not give away my entire floor layout to the internet, but you can get the idea. The left pic is with motion active and lights on. Right pic is motion inactive and lights off.
I have both up and downstairs floorplans of my house as large tiles on the dashboard. Then, I added motion and door status as well as light control/status on top of those tiles in the position physically where they exist in the house.
I changed the templates of the tiles to be almost transparent when no activity and then red when active (yellow when on for lights).
Now with one glance I can tell where motion is active, if doors are open and if lights are on.

4 Likes

@steveisgreat How did you create those 3 sections headers on the dashboard?

looks to be a 4 row width, 1 column height tile set to "text" field.

How do i scale a background image for the back of the dashboard ?
I have this code at the end of the PNG

fv_content=true&size_mode=5

im trying to get this PNG to scale down